Executive Coordinator & Communications Lead - Office of the CEO
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Dapper Labs, the company pushing the boundaries of blockchain technology and engagement, is looking to fill a crucial position at the heart of its organization. Providing our CEO with invaluable day-to-day help, the Executive Coordinator and Comms Lead must be excited about emerging technology, building authentic relationships, and operating in the fast-paced world of startups. Confident, dynamic, and persuasive: you are someone who enjoys being at the top of your game, is a wizard at calendar planning, fluent at communicating with press and external stakeholders, and adept at creating incisive background materials to help prep for interviews and press. Through this role, you will gain exposure to the most influential players in technology and join a brilliant, highly motivated team working at the cutting-edge of its field!
What I’ll need from you as the CEO:
- Your meticulous calendar management skills to keep me organized, up-to-date, and efficient with meetings.
- Your persuasive tone to tell my closest contacts that I value their time but can’t respond to their email right away. Most of the time, I will need you to respond on my behalf.
- Your relationship management skills to help me nurture my network of VIPs; remembering hobbies, a person’s favourite restaurant, or choosing a thoughtful thank you gift that will make their day will make my day—and developing a system to help us keep track.
- Your help to develop and maintain meaningful relationships with key media, thought leaders, and high profile connections.
- Your strategic thinking in order to tailor nuanced responses to different audiences and define priorities.
- Your astounding memory to remember all of the little things that I might forget (like birthdays, flight times, and that my meeting was moved from 3 PM to 4 PM).
- Your creative writing skills to help with a full range of written communications including investor updates, internal memos, backgrounders, speeches, and newsletters. I need to be able to trust you to write on my behalf when I’m at a loss for words, or when I need to be direct, sincere, or humorous.
- Your resourceful character to be able to hit the ground—not running, but—sprinting. This means getting up to speed with the latest tech and software that we use like GitHub, blockchain, cryptocurrencies, iOS/Mac, and numerous others.
- Your appreciation and understanding of the passion and energy I have for the team and the company. I need you to bear with my crazy ideas and help bring big concepts down to actionable steps; it’s not always easy but it’s gotten us to where we are today.
- Most of all, I will need trust. Trust that I can count on you. Trust that I can share my professional endeavours and aspirations.
What you can expect from me and the role:
- You will have my support and respect—no matter what.
- You will have a mentor, coach, and leader who will share knowledge and wisdom gained from many failures and far greater successes, and who will help you meet your personal and professional goals.
- I will celebrate your mistakes and help you learn from them.
- I will champion your successes and help you repeat them.
- You will learn so much about professional deals, building multiple businesses, and how people operate in the world of startups.
- You will have exposure to some of the most influential people in technology and my most trusted advisors; the ideas, thoughts, and opinions you’ll hear will provide you with an education that few universities could match.
- You will work with some of the most talented designers, product managers, engineers, and marketers in the world. Our products have been featured on Apple’s Best of Lists and two of our blockchain projects, NBA Top Shot and CryptoKittes, are among the most popular in the world.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $350M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.
Visit our website to learn even more about Dapper Labs, including information about benefits and perks.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Axiom Zen is a venture studio. We work at the cutting edge of emerging tech to build and scale future-facing companies.