Full Stack Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
We are seeking a hard-working Full Stack Software Engineer to be our 2nd full-time product hire to work alongside our Head of Engineering.
EcoCart is a climate technology company developing a way for online shoppers to make their orders carbon neutral with a single click. We are backed by Base 10, 500 Startups, and the founders of PopSugar, Privy, BarkBox, Chubbies, and the Chair of Blue Bottle Coffee. See our Seed announcement in TechCrunch! We are building a product suite around the mission of making fighting climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone.
EcoCart has two products:
- For Businesses: a Shopify app that any merchant can install into their online store to give their customers the opportunity to make their orders carbon neutral
- For Consumers: a Chrome extension that calculates and offsets the carbon footprint of online orders at over 10,000 of our brand partners at no cost to the user whatsoever
To apply, simply send your resume over: zain [at] ecocart.io.
We are a seed-stage startup based in San Francisco, CA looking for a Full Stack Software Engineer who is motivated by building next-generation products that will help change the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the founders and be an integral part of launching and growing the company from the ground up. We’re growing at a break-neck pace, and want you to grow with us - with advancement and career progression opportunities.
You can work from anywhere in the world, but if you happen to be in San Francisco, we’d love to meet you.
Our ideal candidate:
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience. Someone who is highly detail-oriented and with a data-driven decision making process. And most importantly, gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the planet!
In this role you will be:
- Working collaboratively and directly with the Founders (CEO and COO) and Head of Engineering on strategizing and executing product roadmap.
- Working across every aspect of our products, helping us optimize and automate everything.
- Build CI/CD process to accelerate end-to-end testing, and enable scalable production deployments across our thousands of users and stores.
- Contributing to backend development systems to increase the robustness of our system in terms of security, and scalability.
- Collaborate on building software architecture from the ground up to ensure scalability.
- Working on integrations with partners across the globe looking to make their brands sustainable.
- Building out innovative new product features, including machine learning projects!
- Designing, developing, and executing test cases targeted to test a variety of product features, both on the front and back end
We are looking for:
- 3+ years of full stack development experience in a professional environment
- Someone who can take ownership and solve complex problems quickly and efficiently with minimal technical direction
- Someone who’s obsessed with UI/UX when creating applications and pays great attention to detail when developing features.
- CI tools knowledge is a must. (Preferably TravisCI)
- Experience working with relational and non-relational databases (PostgreSQL, Mongo DB, Maria DB, MySQL, AWS S3, and Dgraph)
- Ability to Dockerize and deploy GatsbyJS, Python, and PHP applications.
- Experience with Python testing frameworks, specifically PyTest.
- Deep web server knowledge (including building load balancers), specifically working with nginx, apache, Django and Flask
- Ability to develop clean HTML and CSS pages, with minimal direction, in conjunction with our design team
- Experience working with Shopify / other e-commerce applications or Chrome / other browser extensions
- Experience with PyTorch, or at least another major deep learning framework such as TensorFlow, MXNet.
- Some experience with data science tools including Python scripting, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, scikit-learn, jupyter notebooks, bash scripting, Linux environment.
- Experience with PHP, specifically work with symfony applications
- Past experience building out large scale APIs and developing their infrastructure is a huge bonus!
**To apply, please send your resume to our Head of Engineering (Zain, zain[@]ecocart.io)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Saving the planet, one online order at a time