This job is no longer accepting applications.
EcoCart is a climate technology company developing a way for online shoppers to make their orders carbon neutral with a single click. We are backed by Base 10, 500 Startups, and the founders of PopSugar, Privy, BarkBox, Chubbies, and the Chair of Blue Bottle Coffee. See our Seed announcement in TechCrunch! We are building a product suite around the mission of making fighting climate change easy, accessible, and affordable for everyone.
Simply send your resume or portfolio to: peter[at]ecocart.io.
Please check out our website and install our Chrome extension to get a better understanding of our offering before applying.
We are a seed-stage startup based in San Francisco, CA looking for an unpaid Design Intern who is motivated by building next-generation products that will help change the world. You’ll have the opportunity to work closely with the founders and the entirety of our small but growing team.
You can work from anywhere in the world, but if you happen to be in San Francisco, we’d love to meet you.
We are looking for:
- A hustler. Someone who embodies the phrase: if there’s a will, there’s a way
- The heart of an entrepreneur; all aspects of building a business from the ground up excite you
- A Figma wizard
- A visual storyteller — You can craft a narrative, clarify complex ideas, and evoke diverse emotions through your work.
- Someone who can work across mediums — Whether it’s print, digital, web, video, or environmental, you know how to create meaningful impact with each
- Someone who sweats the small stuff — You know it’s the little things that make people fall in love with a brand.
- Someone who loves to learn — You’ve got a growth mindset and are ready to build upon your abilities with the team
Our ideal candidate:
A self-starter who enjoys working in a collaborative, dynamic and fast-paced environment, who shares our customer obsession and strives to deliver the most delightful customer experience. We are looking for someone who gets excited by the opportunity to make an outsized impact by building creative products that are helping save the world. We are growing quickly and we want you to grow with us.
A Day in the Life
Interns at EcoCart work directly alongside the founders, head engineer, and marketing + engineering teams to improve existing products and dream up new products entirely. An EcoCart intern built our entire onboarding process and has now been used by the over 1500+ EcoCart users and built a load balancer along with 10x-ing our number of servers once we outgrew our prior set-up. Another intern built the carbon footprint calculator that will be shipped directly to our main website and will be used by hundreds of thousands of people.
In this role you will be:
- Build your design portfolio across all aspects of our company, including product UX/UI, websites, social advertisements, blogs and promotional materials, investor presentations, and more
- Working collaboratively and directly with the Founders (CEO and COO) and head engineer on strategizing and executing product roadmap through design and storytelling
- Creating beautiful, compelling and innovative web-first experiences; dreaming up web pages, product and brand designs, and ad creative
- Designing and building UI/UX for site-first content such as websites, branded content, content hubs, and more
- Producing and presenting mockups, storyboards, wireframes, sitemaps, user flows, and prototypes of potential products
- Working with other designers to establish style guides, templates, and design systems.
- Making illustration, word art, photo collage, branding design, slide decks, and other visual content for multiple platforms
- Assisting in conducting and evaluating user research
- Sketching and prototyping ideas to quickly assess viability, and design the workflows and fine-grained details of interactions
- Iterating based on feedback from the whole team and your cross-functional partners
- Working closely with product and engineering to build and ship ideas
What we will provide:
- An opportunity to join a fast-growing startup, building products that are saving the planet
- Learn about every aspect of building a company by working directly with founders
- Flexible hours - get your projects done on your own time
- A seat at the table to share your ideas and make your voice heard
- An opportunity to be part of the team throughout the school year and/or full-time after graduation; or recommendations and introductions to anyone in our network
- Opportunity for a term-end cash bonus and advancement opportunities
- School credit (if applicable)
Simply send your resume or portfolio to: peter[at]ecocart.io. We look forward to chatting.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Saving the planet, one online order at a time