Community Volunteer Support Specialist
This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website enable a community of more than three million active geocachers to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
As a Community Volunteer Support Specialist, you steward the global and dynamic game of geocaching. You apply your knowledge of geocaching and manage projects to engage and support geocaching community volunteers and curate the rules for sustainable game play.
What you’ll do
Geocaching community volunteer support
- Communicate regularly with geocachers and community volunteers across multiple channels. Identify and implement opportunities to improve communication strategy.
- Efficiently develop and oversee significant projects from start to finish, including tracking budgets, managing contracts, meeting tight deadlines, and coordinating effectively with internal teams and outside vendors.
- Identify regional needs for community volunteers and advocate for them.
- Assist with vetting, onboarding, coaching, and appreciation of all community volunteers.
- Coach volunteers and volunteer teams when needed and through tough situations.
- Maintain a strong communication feedback loop between Geocaching HQ and the community volunteers.
- Keep a pulse on the nuances of the game and ensure that the Geocache hiding guidelines are in-line with our community’s expectations and requirements for long-term sustainable growth.
- Interpret the Geocache hiding guidelines and mediate disputes when necessary.
- Serve as both an internal and external resource of game knowledge and current events.
- Ensure online resources used by the community are up-to-date.
- Represent Geocaching HQ at community events.
Required skills and experience
- 3-5 years of work experience, with at least 1-2 years related to this role.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a related field or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability to turn out excellent written communication.
- Passion for geocaching. Significant experience in the game is a huge plus.
- Experience in volunteer management, customer service, conflict resolution, or game moderation.
- Excellent project management skills, including being detail-oriented and able to multitask effectively.
- Successful at collaborating with co-workers, within and between departments.
- Talented at finding creative solutions for sticky issues, particularly interpersonal ones.
- The ability to communicate at a professional level in a second language is strongly preferred (German, French, or Dutch in particular).
- Experience working with and being inclusive of a wide range of cultures.
- Lead by example and exemplifies our values -- effectiveness, authenticity, and passion -- in actions and behaviors.
- Demonstrate superb communication, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor.
- Leverage your strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Show us a desire to learn and quickly learn new concepts, systems and technologies.
- Be self-starting, self-directed, and open to coaching/feedback.
- Use independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
- A positive attitude and high level of commitment to execution of job duties
Physical demands and work environment
As we navigate the situation around the current COVID-19 pandemic, Geocaching HQ is first and foremost committed to the safety of all employees. We will continue to follow state and local guidance for the gradual re-opening of our offices. At this time, nearly all employees are working remotely. We’re anticipating that this role will also be remote for the time being.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our core company values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community.