SENIOR GAME DESIGNER
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As one of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Technology Workplaces, and Best Workplaces for Women, Hothead Games is currently on the hunt for a Senior Game Designer.
As a Senior Game Designer, you thrive on small teams and have a generalist set of design skills making you proficient in areas ranging from documentation, meeting facilitation, gameplay and economy tuning and review structures. You understand the importance of vision, making timely decisions and understand that the best ideas come from gathering many sources and strong collaboration.
What You'll Do:
- Develop and shape game systems and mechanics and get buy-in from the team.
- Write high quality game design documents that contain strong compulsion loops and clearly communicate concepts and requirements to the team.
- Design experience flows that are optimized for engagement and monetization.
- Own significant areas of the game design and collaborate with artists and programmers to guide the look implementation of features.
- Design and interpret in-game analytics.
- Design and measure the impact of features to address key metrics.
- Conduct speedy research and analysis for relevant competing products.
- Ability to script and tune gameplay, level designs and other hands on aspects of game design.
Who You Are and What You Bring:
- Submit your resume referring examples of previous work.
- 5+ years of game design experience and 3-5+ years of mobile or social game design experience.
- Shipped multiple mobile/social games.
- Understand the impact of social features such as player guilds and chat systems.
- Strong understanding of free-to-play business models for mobile games.
- Strong inter-personal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical understanding of the game development process.
- Committed to making the world's best mobile games!
- Creatively objective in understanding market needs for products.
- Shipped multiple mobile or social games.
- Experience with wire frame / UI prototyping tools.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or other art tools to help visually communicate design intent.
- Familiarity with key analytics tools such as SWRVE and Tableau.
- Experience using one or more scripting languages.
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant field.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learn's, beer Friday's and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US?
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games. If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the very best in free-to-play Military and Sports games directly to your mobile devices!