This job is no longer accepting applications.
About Geocaching HQ
We are the global headquarters for the game of geocaching. Our apps and Geocaching.com website enable a community of more than 3 million active geocachers to join in a real-world treasure hunt.
Our mission (and yours should you choose to accept it) is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community. Basically, everyone’s job here is to enable millions of people to have fun outside. How cool is that?
As a Community Coordinator, you will shape how our company interacts with the geocaching community online via email, self-help materials, and social media. This role is responsible for providing effective cross-platform customer service and creating engaging content for social media. In short, it’s all about those little moments with geocachers — we want them to feel like we are here to support, inspire, and delight them every time they tune into our blog, Twitter, or send us a question through Geocaching.com.
What You’ll Do:
- Generate fun, helpful, and engaging content on company platforms (Geocaching Blog, Help Center, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.).
- Identify great content created by the community that can be shared via company platforms.
- Become a part of the geocaching community, share experienced geocachers' deep knowledge with others, and guide newer community members by creating relevant content.
- Meet benchmarks for community satisfaction, customer service, and social media outreach and corresponding KPI’s.
Community Engagement + Support
- Communicate regularly with geocachers across multiple channels, answering customer service questions big and small. Some weekend coverage may be required.
- Suggest process improvements to encourage customer self-help and more efficient customer service interactions.
- Provide feedback on behalf of the community for upcoming feature changes, as well as following up on bugs that are reported by the community.
- Represent Geocaching HQ at community events.
- Provide vacation and other coverage for our Guest Experience Coordinator/Visitor Center as needed.
- Support the Adventures platform, team members, and players.
Required Skills + Experience:
- Passion for geocaching. Significant experience in the game is a huge plus.
- Experience in customer service and social media management.
- Proven ability to turn out excellent written communication.
- Excellent project management skills, including being detail-oriented and the ability to multi-task.
- Successful at collaborating with co-workers, within and between departments.
- The ability to communicate at a professional level in a second language is strongly desired (German, French, and Dutch in particular).
- Experience working with a wide range of cultures.
- 2+ years of relevant work or life experience.
- Lead by example and exemplify our values — effectiveness, authenticity, and passion — in actions and behaviors.
- Demonstrate superb communication, interpersonal, analytical, and negotiation skills.
- Maintain a professional and positive demeanor.
- Leverage your strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Exhibit tact and proper judgment under pressure and in sensitive situations.
- Show us a desire to learn and quickly learn new concepts, systems and technologies.
- Be self-starting, self-directed, and open to coaching/feedback.
- Use independent judgment to plan, organize, and prioritize workload.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to remain stationary for long periods of time. In this position you must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only duties, responsibilities, and qualification for this job. Incumbents may be required to follow any additional related instructions, acquire related job skills and perform other related work as required.
Geocaching HQ embraces a diverse and inclusive workplace. Authenticity is one of our company core values and we strive to celebrate our differences. We encourage everyone to apply.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Our mission is to inspire and enable adventure, exploration, and community.