This job is no longer accepting applications.
As one of Canada's 50 Best Workplaces, Best Workplaces for Inclusion, Best Technology Workplaces, and Best Workplaces for Women, Hothead Games is seeking a Game Designer to join our team and help us create the world’s best mobile games! The perfect candidate for the position is a dedicated, self-starting, and energetic person who is passionate about mobile games and thrives working in a creative and fun environment.
What You'll Do:
- Work with Senior and Lead Game Designers to develop and shape game systems and mechanics, and get buy-in from the team.
- Write high-quality game design documents that contain strong compulsion loops and clearly communicate concepts and requirements to the team.
- Design and create visual graphic mock-ups and wire-framed screens for in-game menus and HUD elements for optimal user experience.
- Design and create wire-framed screen flows that are optimized for engagement and monetization.
- Design and interpret in-game analytics.
- Design and measure the impact of features to address key metrics.
- Conduct speedy research and analysis for relevant competing products.
What You'll Bring:
- Submit your resume referring to examples of your previous work.
- 3+ years of mobile / casual / social game design experience.
- Shipped multiple mobile / casual / social games.
- Understand the impact of social features such as player guilds and chat systems.
- Strong understanding of free-to-play business models for mobile games.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to work in a collaborative team environment.
- Technical understanding of the game development process.
- Committed to making the world’s best mobile games!
- Experience with wire frame / UI prototyping tools.
- Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator or other art tools to help visually communicate design intent.
- Familiarity with key analytics tools such as SWRVE and Tableau.
- Experience using one or more scripting languages.
This full-time permanent position is for our Vancouver office, located at 1555 West Pender Street, in beautiful Coal Harbour. Compensation includes competitive salary and vacation, MSP and Extended Health coverage. Other cool perks include an in-house gym, on-site Chiropractor/RMT/ Physiotherapy, yoga/fitness/self-defense classes, RRSP matching, company golfing, major/minor league sports events, summer rooftop BBQs, snacks and beverages, weekly lunch & learns, beer Fridays and most of all, amazing people to work with!
WHY BEING INCLUSIVE IS IMPORTANT TO US
At Hothead Games, we are an Equal Opportunity employer and we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. We strive to build and grow our team that fosters variety in backgrounds, perspectives, experiences and skills. We embrace inclusiveness in our workplace, so we can utilize each person’s talents and strengths to make great games.
If you're seeking an awesome new challenge in a fun and engaging studio, we invite you to apply and talk about the possibilities of beginning a rewarding new chapter of your career.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Bringing the very best in free-to-play Military and Sports games directly to your mobile devices!