Technical Solutions Manager - Studio Production
Location: Remote, or Hybrid in US, North America with travel to Los Angeles and Los Gatos as needed
We are looking for a Technical Solutions Manager (TSM) to join the team and focus on Studio Production Tools. The Technical Solutions Manager role will be primarily focused on supporting tools for our internal and external Production Partners, through our production management suite of tools including 3rd party applications (primarily Shotgrid) and internal enterprise applications. The Technical Solutions Manager will work closely with our engineering and data teams to manage the development and integration of these solutions to solve existing and proposed business problems. At Netflix, our product team is small, yet you have the opportunity to make a big impact. Our unique culture drives our approach to innovation.
The ideal candidate will have in-depth production experience from having worked on several productions (Series, Features, or both) and a track record for both leading and successfully leveraging new production tools and technology into their workflow. In addition, the candidate has a strong understanding of how Shotgrid is leveraged in a production context, as well as a keen interest in innovating on production management tools and workflows.
- Work with Product Managers and Stakeholders to augment our holistic product strategy around the use of Shotgrid at Netflix.
- Extend product via third party integrations including: Manage build and maintenance of third party solutions, integrate existing third party integrations into product suite and consult on licensed solutions (including goal-setting, workflow assessments, requirements, integrations, etc.)
- Partner with our engineering teams on the development and execution of integrations into our Shotgird workflows.
- Be an active participant in reflection and brainstorming for our long term production management tools strategy.
- Understand current and evolving studio workflows in order to help identify areas that could be better developed and supported.
- Align with cross-vertical teams (Animation, NetFX, etc..) in sharing common use cases and best practices around tools.
- Perform product discovery and gather requirements for new and emerging business areas to identify solutions that solve problems.
- Work in collaboration with cross-vertical teams along with Shotgrid team in escalating bug fixes and prioritizing feature requests.
- Create and manage Shotgrid templates for both internal and external teams.
- Partner with Studio Product Rollout to support the smooth rollout and adoption of Shotgrid workflows.
- Unblock day-to-day challenges to help turn strategy into execution (for example, helping to align taxonomy or discovering/outlining detailed or technical requirements)
- Seek out opportunities that others do not, ask engaging questions to users and stakeholders, and use observational skills to continuously gather data and insights.
- Effectively engage with stakeholders, while establishing genuine empathy, in order to translate their emotions into real solutions.
What We're Looking For
- 5 years of studio/entertainment production experience along with partnering with software technology teams to facilitate successful rollout and customer success.
- Expert experience with Shotgrid and its set-up for production use and reporting.
- Interest in the intersection of technology, operations, and business. Ability to mobilize partners towards a common goal.
- SQL and/or light programming experience (e.g. Python)
- Ability to prioritize well and clearly articulate objectives across business functions.
- Flexibility to support all sizes of solutions, for teams of 10 to 1000.
- Strong communication skills, in writing or verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with senior leaders.
- A passion for product management.
- Proficiency in Google Suite and Excel.
Does this sound interesting but overwhelming? Please don’t self-select out; let’s figure it out together. We’d love to talk to you!
We are an equal-opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds more substantial teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.ion
Your application has been successfully submitted.