Technical Research Specialist
Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching millions of households around the world, and the Netflix customer service network receives hundreds of thousands of questions and issues reports from subscribers every day. The global Incident Management team is a frontline group responsible for investigating, troubleshooting, communicating, and documenting issues. The results of their investigations are delivered to Netflix product engineering teams and are a critical link in maintaining Netflix service reliability for our global subscriber base.
As an Incident Analyst, you’ll rely on your strong Netflix product knowledge, curiosity, and great judgment to identify and prevent issues impacting the Netflix product and Customer Support platform through investigation and data. You will be responsible and take ownership of the entire incident lifecycle. The focus is on incident prevention and prioritization, rather than reacting to incidents when they occur. As such, you need to be able to fully understand and analyze trends associated with incidents or issues, and be able to draw insights on the available data and details in order to provide a proactive response. In addition to the technical requirements, great interpersonal skills with our customers, partners, and global peers are critical components of success in this role.
Given the broad scope of responsibilities and investigative nature of the role, we are looking for someone that enjoys solving puzzles and uses great judgment in pursuing the right course of action without relying heavily on set policies as a guide. You will thrive in an innovative culture where autonomy is necessary, evolution is inevitable, and strong communication is paramount. In addition to this, the Netflix culture permeates our work environment. It determines who we hire, how we work together, and how we make decisions. It is a key part of our approach to innovation and paramount to our success, and so the ability to adapt and embrace Netflix culture will be critical in determining success in this role.
This position operates on 24 hours by 7 days a week basis, requiring flexibility in terms of work schedule.
As an Incident Analyst, you will:
- Be the point of contact for all major incidents impacting Netflix Product, Tools, and Services.
- Own and drive service restoration as quickly as possible during major incidents while keeping accurate and timely communication of status and progress to all relevant stakeholders.
- Conduct an efficient, accurate, and prompt incident triaging process to ensure that only valid alerts are promoted as incidents.
- Perform proper categorization and prioritization of incidents and undertake an immediate effort to restore the disrupted service within the defined SLA.
- Coordinate reported incidents from our CS Network to our Engineering team through investigation of incidents using a suite of tools, and document your findings and recommendations.
- Optimize efficiency and minimize customer impact by identifying emerging trends through various datasets and visualizations.
- Coordinate with stakeholders and assist Customer Service responses to global service issues and outages.
- Provide insightful requests for enhancements to tools and processes that maximize efficiency and value.
- Participate in problem management, collaborating with relevant stakeholders, e.g. engineering, and SMEs, to diagnose and analyze outages and other critical incidents for the root cause, and identify corrective actions to prevent recurrence and provide a Customer Service perspective.
- Drive incident review meetings and track action items to its conclusion.
- At least four years of experience in support analyst, technical support engineer, or incident management role.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Additional languages are a big plus.
- Experience partnering, collaborating, and sharing knowledge with global teams and skilled at building strong relationships, to deliver expected and improved results.
- Strong ability to lead and direct incident teams during critical incidents while remaining calm and focused in high-pressure situations.
- Experience creating, editing, and maintaining knowledge base and/or training documentation.
- Familiarity with streaming devices, IT, or streaming support is an advantage.
- Intimate knowledge and experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Pagerduty/Opsgenie, Tableau, Zendesk, SQL, or similar products.
- Experience with automation of workflows, alerts, and other steps to bring efficiency.
- Understanding of incident management, problem management, ITIL, or similar frameworks
- Incident Response/Management certification is an advantage
Your application has been successfully submitted.