Sr. Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Looking for a real backend challenge at large scale? We have the perfect one for you, with a mix of high volume event stream processing, heavy DB interactions and a touch of security!
We are looking for a Sr. backend engineer to join our core backend team and help us build up our platform.
Our platform aims to provide near real time cargo tracking information to Freight Forwarders and their customers across any mode of transportation (Air, Ocean, Rail, etc.), by aggregating data from sources and presenting it in a modern look and feel.
This role presents multiple challenges of data volume and normalization in a mission critical set up. You will need to rapidly develop domain expertise for each 3rd party system to understand how to best integrate and represent their data in Logixboard, whether by mapping it into our existing data model or extending it.
This is a senior engineering role where we expect you to have experience with similarly challenging environments.
If you are interested in solving hard problems, moving quickly and getting in on the ground-floor of a rapidly growing company, please reach out. Are you an underrepresented group in the tech industry? We'd absolutely love to hear from you.
Logixboard is a cloud platform transforming how the $2 trillion freight forwarding industry operates. Firms currently use paper, spreadsheets, and email to track their customers' shipments and provide shippers visibility. They are burdened by low-tech, hard-to-use solutions that are inefficient and costly.
Our platform integrates with existing back-office applications and serves as a digital customer engagement layer, empowering freight forwarders to do their work more efficiently. Our customers love our platform, and we're facing tremendous growth this year. Logixboard is growing fast and is looking to expand our team.
Logixboard is funded by leading early-stage investors like Social Leverage, F-Prime & Founders Co-op, and is based in Seattle, WA
What you'll do
- Develop system integrations across multiple technologies and providers to provide customers with a real-time experience.
- Model the data into our system across all sources to provide a consistent user experience across data providers.
- Own features through and through, from requirements reviews with our product team, implementation, infrastructure evolution all the way to production.
- Drive multiple cross functional initiatives where you will have the opportunity to interact directly with customers.
- Provide guidance and mentorship to other team members.
What you'll bring
A set of technical skills that should include:
- Production experience cloud-native services such as AWS services such as Lambda, Kinesis, S3, RDS and general compute infrastructure.
- Experience with relational DB (we use Postgres) at scale.
- Our stack is on NodeJS + Typescript + SQL, so experience with that is a bonus, but not a must.
And also, we are looking for somebody:
- With an empathic, collaborative and consultative work style.
- Who understands that simple solutions are the best solutions.
- Who has tinkered with a bunch of programming languages and services and with enough insight across the programming landscape to step into unfamiliar code and make sense of what is going on.
- Who has 3+ years of real-world experience with modern backend architectures
- Who can get a team organized. You might effectively be the first hires in Argentina and could end up leading that team.
- Fluent english is a must.
- Logixboard offers 100% of health insurance costs for all US employees.
- Unlimited time off as long as you coordinate your leaves with us in advance.
- High Energy - High opportunity for a growth environment
- We are a fast-growing startup where your position will have a direct impact on the business
- Generous parental leave
- We strive to be a truly inclusive, diverse, and continuously-learning organization: If you have needs that create a more equitable environment, let's talk
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We provide SaaS solutions for Customer Experience, Real-time tracking using Data Analytics for the Supply Chain and Logistics sector