Software Engineer (L4) - TVPlayer
Netflix runs on millions of smart TVs, set-top boxes, MVPD, androidTV devices, and game consoles. Millions of Netflix subscribers enjoy watching Netflix, and our team takes pride in enabling rich innovative playback experiences to delight our members.
The TVPlayer team is responsible for enabling rich playback experiences to our members on TV devices. We innovate fast, experiment our ideas, iterate for highest QoE and dynamically update to bring these experiences to our users in a secure and timely manner. Our player is not limited to linear playback, and enables support for content playgraphs to bring new innovative playback experiences such as interactive title playbacks, Title specific idents, dynamic insertion of ads and many more. We take pride in providing the best streaming QoE to our users across a diverse device ecosystem and cross-collaborate with various teams at Netflix.
We are looking for an early career engineer who has a strong technical foundation.
This role is right for you if:
- You have a strong technical background in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Have a minimum of 3 years of work experience. Software development experience with Streaming media players, Smart TV’s, Audio Video Playback is a big plus.
- You understand the Linux and/or Android OS, its kernel and file system.
- Knowledge of adaptive streaming technologies such as MPEG DASH is nice to have.
- You are eager to provide input and learn from others.
- You enjoy test-driven development.
Why Netflix and this team:
- We are not afraid to rethink existing designs and rebuild whenever needed.
- Our freedom and responsibility culture is unique, and we live by those values.
- You will work with amazing colleagues and be learning and sharpening your skills.
- You will have a direct and lasting impact on our user experience which is used by tens of millions of people every day. When your friends and family ask you what you do for a living, you can point to Netflix running on their TV and say with pride “I make that possible.”
- We embrace different perspectives and backgrounds as we believe it helps us make better decisions.
To Learn More:
- Read about the Netflix culture which values freedom and responsibility, enabling us to do our best work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.