This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
The Business Analyst (BA) plays a key role as part of Cvent’s Events professional services organization. The BA will follow outlined processes and best practices to provide an excellent customer experience and drive long-term customer retention. This role will work with external clients and the internal project management team to identify, assess, and document client requirements, while also utilizing technical skills to provide necessary software configuration in order to provide a quality software solution to end clients, that are mainly enterprise-level corporations.
What You Will Be Doing
- Collect, define and document requirements through in-person or virtual meetings with clients
- Ensure requirements are clear, specific, necessary, unambiguous and include acceptance criteria
- Translate the requirements into actionable tasks, and delegate out as tasks to junior team members
- Configure Cvent Conference software based on requirements
- Provide final sign-off before solutions are delivered to the clients
- Provide advice, consultation, and training to clients based on Cvent best practices
- Provide best-in-class technical service based on project timelines
- Write Quality-Assurance (QA) test cases; work with other teams to review their QA documentation
- Identify any potential roadblocks on the project and proactively communicate with project teams
- Successfully engage in multiple concurrent projects from Handover to Project Review; facilitate demonstrations of best practice configuration, design and set up in order to achieve business goals
- Achieve monthly/quarterly performance goals
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree or previous technical support experience; or equivalent combination
- Ability to translate client requests and business requirements into well-defined configuration and/or development tasks
- Strong analytic/problem solving skills
- Able to lead client presentations, and respond to client inquiries with regards to project updates
- Working knowledge of project planning, analysis, design and implementation
- Good understanding of technology systems and web applications
- Highly organized, detail conscious, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
- Experience CRM software (Salesforce) and project management tools (Smartsheet, JIRA)
- Experience with CSS/HTML is a plus
- Experience in working with enterprise-level companies
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Able to travel domestically and occasionally internationally, up to 25% (Covid safety factors enacted)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.