Team Lead, Event 360
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
We are seeking a Team Lead to oversee a team of Event 360 Project Managers, technical project managers responsible for managing delivery, build-out and implementation of Virtual, Onsite, or Hybrid projects for existing Mid-market clients. The high-level duties of this team include developing and managing project plans, leading all configuration and testing efforts, delegating tasks to support personnel and analysts, and acting as the primary client interface throughout the planning and day of event lifecycle.
What You Will Be Doing
- Approximately 25% of time will be spent leading client projects and 75% spent on people management and other miscellaneous duties to support team initiatives
- People Management
- Providing coaching feedback to direct reports on project management and customer calls
- Ensure all SOPs are being adhered to by regular audits
- Timecard / ADP / Concur approvals
- Review all client-facing deliverables to ensure consistent material output including:
- Playbook, Planning Timeline, Step-by-step guides, and other collateral
- Assist team members with complex issue resolution or configuration work, as needed
- Bi-monthly 1:1s
- Provide regular team updates to leadership and help identify any issues or recognitions
- First point of contact for issue escalation
- Demonstrate a high-level of professionalism in a leadership capacity
- Be current and an expert in the product and functionality
- Be an expert in team processes and ensure team compliance
- Assist in new hire training and provide feedback for presentations
- Conduct prospective new hire interviews
- Special project oversight (committees, etc.)
- Ad-hoc assignments from Manager/Director of Professional Services Organization
- Sales involvement:
- Assist with scope NBB/re-engagement projects
- Review/approve scoped hours from other team member’s scope notes
- SOW writing/reviews for all potential implementation and event QB projects
- Help manage team meetings and in-weeks including creating agenda, managing logistics, and liaising with other departments
What You Need for This Position
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional industry working experience strongly preferred
- Minimum of 2 years in the Project Manager role, or 3 total years of Cvent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience in client support roles of corporate meetings industry or on behalf of a multi-national or global corporation
- Experience working in Fortune 500 corporation, travel, hospitality, software or other high-tech industry (preferred)
- Excel at fostering new hire onboarding and team processes
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal team members
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Wiki, and Salesforce
- Ability to travel 20%
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.