This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent Software Architects are responsible for leading the specifications, design, and development of large-scale, Internet-based applications, frameworks, and platforms. Software Architects work as leading members of the Product Development team and, more specifically, the Central Technology Group supporting and enhancing the application architectures and frameworks. Software Architects will frequently be tasked with researching new tools and technologies and asked to come up with recommendations on how they can be used in Cvent applications. They actively participate in design and implementation of projects featuring high degrees of technical complexity and/or scalability and performance implications.
Cvent’s Technology Team is a great opportunity for you to:
- Spec, design, develop, and debug scalable and high-performance, service-based web applications
- Play a leading role in supporting and enhancing the architecture and the framework of Cvent applications
- Define technical solutions and a unified framework from the design and architecture through development, testing, and release
- Guide the technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities
- Identify and address technical debt as our applications evolve
- Evaluate and prototype POC using the best technologies for the job
- Conduct performance-testing by using application profiler and load-testing tools
- Define and implement automated build, deployment, and testing procedures
- Identify and resolve potential application security vulnerabilities
- Improve system scalability and application isolation
About you and some insight to our stack:
60%+ hands-on production-level coding on a day to day basis
- Hands-on experience designing building an implementing highly scalable RESTful APIs
- Very experienced with any of the following languages: Java, Node.JS, Python, C#, Scala
- 10+ Years’ experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Very experienced with using Amazon AWS
- Expertise in open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Strong understanding of internet security
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and limitation issues
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science or related technical degree.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.