Site Reliability Engineer II
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Site Reliability is about combining development and operations knowledge and skills to help make the organization better. Whether you have a development background and are interested in learning more about operations or are a DevOps/Systems Engineer who is interested in developing internal tools – Cvent SRE can benefit from your skillsets. Ultimately, we are looking for passionate people who love learning and technology.
We use a wide variety of technologies and avoid getting locked into a single path. If we find something that works better than what we have, we always are open to trying it out.
Here is a taste of the technologies you will get to work with:
- AWS (EC2 / ECS / Lambda / RDS / S3 / Route53 / DynamoDB)
- Java, .Net, Ruby
- Linux, Windows
- PostgreSQL, SQLServer
- Kafka / CouchBase / CouchMobile
- Chef, Puppet
- Terraform, CloudFormation
- Native iOS and Android
What You Will Be Doing:
As a Site Reliability Engineer, you'll use your advanced development and operations knowledge to identify and prioritize issues.
- Enlighten, Enable and Empower a fast-growing set of multi-disciplinary teams, across multiple applications and locations.
- Tackle complex development, automation and business process problems.
- Champion Cvent standards and best practices.
- Ensure the scalability, performance, and resilience of our suite of products.
- Work with the development and product team of a new application to establish the right monitoring and alerting strategy.
- Work with a new acquisition's DevOps team to cross-pollinate best practices, educate and close gaps in Cvent standards.
- Develop build, test and deployment automation that seamlessly targets multiple on-premises and AWS regions.
- Help a dev team working on a legacy code base to realize zero-down-time deployments.
- Give back by working on and contributing to Open Source projects: https://github.com/cvent
- Automate all the things!
What You Need for this Position:
We believe that passion and willingness to learn outweigh any list of skills, however having experience in some of the areas below would help you hit the ground running and show that you can be successful as an SRE at Cvent.
- Object-Oriented Software development in Java, Scala, etc.
- CI Server administration and support (Jenkins)
- Configuration automation using Chef or Puppet.
- Building tools and scripting frameworks from scratch
- Solid Windows and Linux administration skills.
- Working with APM, monitoring, and logging tools (New Relic, DataDog, Splunk)
- Project management tools like Jira, Trello.
- NoSQL (etc., Couchbase, Cassandra).
- SQL databases (MSSQL, PostgreSQL, etc.).
- Message Queues (RabbitMQ).
- Scripting languages like Ruby, Groovy, Bash, PowerShell or Python.
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in a technical field required
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics.
We are not able to offer sponsorship for this position
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.