Senior/Lead Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest product, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
What we are looking for:
Cvent is looking for a Senior Unreal Developer to work on the Cvent/Social Tables visualization engine, which uses Unreal Engine 4 and Cloud Streaming to visualize Indoor and Outdoor Spaces for Hotels and other venues. You will work closely with other engineers on the team to write libraries in C++, create UE4 Blueprints and build web services to enable designers and environment modelers to create hyper-realistic environments for our customers.
What You Need for this Position:
- 3+ years of experience utilizing Unreal Engine 4 on professional projects in the video game industry or other industries such as architectural visualization
- Strong C++ 17 skills utilizing the UE4 libraries with a focus on modular architecture
- Excellent grasp of the Unreal Engine, Editor and Blueprints
- Desire to teach others about UE4 programming
- Help provide architectural oversight across the entire development cycle
- Strong mathematical skill set (3D graphics, linear algebra, trigonometry)
- Experience debugging, profiling, and optimizing 3D scenes, assets, and pipelines
- Knowledge of PBR materials, texturing, and the application of art assets to environments
Nice to haves:
- Experience customizing Unreal Editor and Unreal Engine via Plugin/Module Development
- Experience developing in React/Node
- Experience with AWS
- Exposure to AAA game development
- Experience with asset streaming and dynamic loading pipelines
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks!
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.