Senior Software Engineer (React/Node)
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
A best friend's wedding, a 10th anniversary party, BlizzCon, AWS re:Invent, The Grammys, a first concert, the opening of a new museum - we all have a favorite event.
Events and meetings make an impact that lasts a lifetime. As more of our lives are spent online, the time offline is truly rare. So, our goal is to make it easy to bring great people together, face-to-face.
With more than 4.5 million successful events brought to life using our award-winning event management platform, we'd say we're well on our way. As we look to the future, we're focused on continuing to innovate and create the best technology to bring joy through the power of in-person connection. And that's where you come in!
If you want a job where there’s more enthusiasm than there is red tape, where ideas are sought after and celebrated, and where hard work changes the course of human history, then Cvent and our newest product, Social Tables, may be the place for you!
What You Will Be Doing
- Responsible for upholding technical rigor on their team
- Serve as technical tie breaker for all technical decisions on the team
- Provide mentorship and technical leadership to the engineers on your team
- Work closely with our Principal Engineer to contribute to and develop our technology roadmap and architecture
- Work closely with the Engineering Manager, Product Manager, and Product Designer on breaking down problems into achievable chunks
- Use Node.js and Restify on the backend
- Use React and GraphQL on the front end
- Write tests in Jest and Cypress
- Use LaunchDarkly for feature flagging
- Use Three.js/WebGL for our 3d visualizations
- Use Postgres for database storage
- AWS for infrastructure, deploying services with ECS and Lambda
What You Will Need For This Position
- Proven experience planning, building, and scaling high-quality SaaS products
- Passion for writing code that is scalable, maintainable, reusable, and well-tested
- Experience leading a team through mentoring and technical guidance
- Comfortable debugging large applications and refactoring them to well-tested components and services
- Ability to represent the business when speaking to customers or community members
- Ability to identify and proactively communicate infrastructure, product features, and technology issues that cut across multiple products
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks!
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.