Product Manager - Senior Level
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world becomes increasingly stressful and change accelerates at an unprecedented pace, the toll on mental health has been significant, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, down, anxious, or depressed. We want to help.
Many people hesitate to seek therapeutic of psychological help because of stigma, misinformation or treatment is simply inaccessible. We want to change that.
Join us in our mission – preserving mental health and wellness, and making mental healthcare more accessible and affordable, so that everyone can live their happiest and healthiest life!
We are a high-impact organization with a proven business model and technology, as demonstrated by key financial and operational metrics. We have successfully commercially pioneered a digital continuum of care for mental health including our outcomes-tethered and accessible Guided Therapy (Therapist Assisted Cognitive Behavioural Therapy “TAiCBT”) in Canada called BEACON.,. Clients can choose to support their mental health needs via Guided Therapy or Live Therapy.
Since 2002, MindBeacon’s CBT Associates ("CBTA"), through traditional in-person clinic-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ("CBT"), has helped thousands of people become happier and more productive by helping them overcome feelings and behaviors that negatively impact their everyday lives.
Founded in 2015, MindBeacon has developed a comprehensive digitally-based continuum of care for mental health model through its widely deployed, extensively validated BEACON digital platform. BEACON is a digital therapeutic solution built on top of the years of direct experience and unmatched institutional knowledge.
Our platform is purpose-built to scale by servicing the broad mental healthcare market, reducing barriers to care, lowering costs for patients and delivering best-in-class outcomes. BEACON has broad applicability across employers, governments, benefit plans, health systems, disability management, post-secondary, employee wellness, specialty pharmacy, chronic disease management and others. We are the recognized solution and have partnered with the Ontario government to provide free iCBT to all Ontarians as part of the provincial response to COVID-19 and thereafter.
For more information, please visit: https://www.mindbeacon.com
As a senior member of the Product Team, the Senior Product Manager will research and identify market and client needs, gather and refine requirements, develop business cases, set product priorities, drive delivery of the required features, direct go-to-market planning, and set product direction within the overall MindBeacon portfolio.
Reporting to the Head of Product & Design, this role works as part of a closely integrated team of Product Managers building amazing products based on user-centric, data-driven product development. Leading a team of talented user researchers, designers and engineers in an agile environment and working closely with clinical experts, content creators, marketing and sales professionals to ensure product success.
As a growing company, there is no shortage of new projects or learning opportunities for those who are eager – you will never get bored at MindBeacon!
An Overview of the Key Responsibilities:
- Combine analytics, business intelligence, customer feedback and your own gut-feeling to continuously improve the MindBeacon experience and identify new product opportunities
- Maintain and execute the MindBeacon feature roadmap using strong prioritization skills to balance delivery of value with business needs/goals
- Launch products by determining MVP, coordinating resources, and tracking metrics
- Identify, document and manage new feature requirements converting these into detailed use cases and engineering-relevant user stories
- Manage and lead agile ceremonies including daily stand-ups, sprint planning, backlog grooming, etc.
- Contribute to a high-performing team through the active delivery of role requirements and encouraging positive relationships with internal and external team members
- Other duties as assigned
The Skills and Experience That Make You a Great Fit for Our Team:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience with 10+ years experience developing and managing products including gathering requirements and managing cases development
- 3+ years in B2B SaaS product management
- Strong project management skills and agile methodology experience; building or directly contributing to the end-to-end strategy and development of product marketing programs
- Proven experience managing existing roadmap items and writing new requirements, identifying product opportunities through a data-driven approach, and using cases and/or user stories
- Ability to critically evaluate product feedback gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, and identify highest priority needs
- Highly customer-centric – understand our target audience, their challenges and what differentiates MindBeacon; able to find solutions ensuring successful product adoption and planning for future product iterations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, able to tailor your message to the audience – specifically able to write clear, market-driven software product business cases, product documents and requirements
- Ability to work collaboratively in an agile team environment, regularly partnering with Product, Engineering, Sales and Marketing teams – specifically able to provide detailed business requirements and cases, converting them into meaningful user stories for the Engineering Team
- Comfortable working independently; organized and focused with effective time-management and planning skills to ensure deadline achievement
- Adaptability and familiarity working under pressure and adjusting to changing priorities while maintaining a positive and constructive attitude towards work
What Sets You Apart from the Crowd:
- Proven leadership experience! A self-starter and team motivator, naturally collaborative and seamlessly works cross-functionally
- Leadership experience in a start-up environment; welcoming ambiguity and thriving under pressure
- Passionate about designing and building great consumer- centric products and amazing customer experience
- Passionate about technology, and building great products that embrace best practices and product development processes
- Identify as an innovative and curious professional and leader; continually upgrading technical and interpersonal skills through self-directed research and education
Why Work with MindBeacon:
- Being part of a high-impact organization, that is looking to make mental healthcare more accessible and more affordable for all Canadians – help us shape that vision!
- Excelling in a dynamic and changing environment, we are continuously innovating to make our platform the premiere way for Canadians to access high-quality, evidence-based treatment.
- Valuing growth and development, we embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning.
Some of our other great perks include – but are not limited to!
- Coverage under our group benefits health plan
- Paid time off, including vacation and personal/family health days
- Regular All Company meetings to keep you informed and drop-in virtual Water Cooler chats to keep you connected
- Great Employee Programs; help us add to our amazing team through the Employee Referral Program, and nominate your peers for the awesome work they do through the Employee Recognition Program
- Ability to work from home (ongoing) but connect with peers across the country
- A welcoming and supportive work environment, PLUS knowing that what you do every day makes a meaningful difference in the lives of Canadians across the country!
If this opportunity sounds like you, select “Apply for this Job” to submit your cover letter and resume, and tell us why you’re a great fit for our team!
MindBeacon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, family or marital status, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other protected characteristic.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants to apply, those selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted directly.
Thank you for your interest in MindBeacon!
Your application has been successfully submitted.