Product Designer - Senior Level
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world becomes increasingly stressful and change accelerates at an unprecedented pace, the toll on mental health has been significant, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, down, anxious, or depressed. We want to help.
Many people hesitate to seek therapeutic or psychological help because of stigma, misinformation or treatment is simply inaccessible. We are changing that.
Join us in our mission – preserving mental health and wellness, and making effective mental healthcare more accessible and affordable, so that everyone can live their happiest and healthiest life!
We are a high-impact organization with a proven business model and technology, as demonstrated by key financial and operational metrics. We have successfully commercially pioneered a digital continuum of care for mental health including our outcomes-tethered and accessible Guided Therapy (Therapist Assisted Cognitive Behavioural Therapy “TAiCBT”) in Canada called BEACON. Starting in January 2021, MindBeacon will also be offering Live Therapy through our digital platform. Clients will be able to choose to support their mental health needs via Guided Therapy or Live Therapy.
Since 2002, MindBeacon’s CBT Associates ("CBTA"), through traditional in-person clinic-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ("CBT"), has helped thousands of people become happier and more productive by helping them overcome feelings and behaviors that negatively impact their everyday lives.
Founded in 2015, MindBeacon has developed a comprehensive digitally-based continuum of care for mental health model through its widely deployed, extensively validated BEACON digital platform. BEACON is a digital therapeutic solution built on top of the years of direct experience and unmatched institutional knowledge.
Our platform is purpose-built to scale by servicing the broad mental healthcare market, reducing barriers to care, lowering costs for patients and delivering best-in-class outcomes. BEACON has broad applicability across employers, governments, benefit plans, health systems, disability management, post-secondary, employee wellness, specialty pharmacy, chronic disease management and others.
We are the recognized solution and have partnered with the Ontario government to provide free iCBT to all Ontarians as part of the provincial response to COVID-19 and thereafter.
For more information, please visit https://www.mindbeacon.com.
As a Senior Product Designer, you'll be responsible for working closely with Product Managers to conduct problem & solution discovery. You will also leverage research insights and the design system to support the engineering team on solution execution. Being able to self-initiate and create expert designs is critical to the success of this role. As a design leader, you ensure that all voices are heard in the design process and facilitate design studios and other collaborative sessions to bring the best ideas to life.
Your Focus Areas:
· Product knowledge: Have working knowledge of the area to which you are assigned and proactively learn other domains through discovery activities
· Design research: Independently conduct solution validation with minimal guidance and incorporate insights into design decisions
· Design output: Create deliverables based on product lifecycle needs, including journey maps, personas, low-fi wireframes, high-hi mock-ups, prototypes, design specs
· Design systems: Actively contribute to the MindBeacon design system, help to identify whether components are repeatable and support the growth of the library
· Project success (for yourself and your team)
· High-quality design work that meets design principles and quality standards
· 7+ years of cumulative product design experience at a digital product agency or consultancy (with some of this time spent in a lead or mentorship role)
· A degree, diploma, certificate or equivalent in Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or other design-related disciplines
· Experience supporting design operations and exhibiting previous product team leadership skills (being accountable to team deliverables, driving metrics, etc.)
· Highly user-centric – understand our target audience, their challenges and what differentiates BEACON; able to find solutions ensuring successful product adoption and planning for future product iterations
What Sets You Apart from the Crowd:
· A self-starter and team motivator, naturally collaborative and seamlessly works cross-functionally
· Proficiency working in a start-up environment; welcoming ambiguity and thriving under pressure
· Passionate about designing and building great consumer-centric products and fantastic customer experience
· Passionate about technology and building great products that embrace best practices and product development processes
· Identify as an innovative and curious professional and leader; continually upgrading technical and interpersonal skills through self-directed research and education
Working at MindBeacon Means:
Being a part of a high-impact organization which is looking to make mental healthcare more accessible and more affordable for all Canadians – help us shape that vision!
Excelling in a dynamic and changing environment. We are continuously innovating to make our platform the premiere way for Canadians to access high-quality, evidence-based treatment.
Valuing growth and development. We embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning. We are looking for someone who shares these values and is excited to share their expertise with our team.
How to Apply:
If this opportunity sounds like you, select “Apply for this Job” to submit your resume and tell us why you’re a great fit for our team!
MindBeacon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive and accessible workplace. We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, family or marital status, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other protected characteristic.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants to apply, those selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted directly.
Thank you for your interest in MindBeacon!
Your application has been successfully submitted.