Business Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gen Z is the generation of the side-hustle. 💪🏻 They’re creators. 👩🎤 They’re freelancers. 🧑💻 They’re investors. 👩💼 And they’re not afraid to take on challenges, especially when it comes to their finances - and we’re here for it.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building a better banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. We’re on a mission to improve the financial future of the next generation and empower teens to start their financial journey.
Step is a well-funded Series C company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. We eclipsed 1.5 million customers just six months after launch. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Business Operations leads initiatives across Product, Customer Experience, Growth, Risk and Partnerships to drive efficiencies and enable Step to scale. We lead cross-functional internal efforts, manage key external partnerships, and create and execute on strategic initiatives. In this role you will take over and optimize existing internal operational needs and external partner dependencies, help us build and launch new products and features, and unlock efficiencies in cross function operational dependencies. You will be successful in this role if you are driven by using analytical skills to solve hard problems, collaborate with teams to stand up initiatives, and can independently see key projects from start to finish. This role will report to Step’s Chief Operating Officer.
- Hands-on leader that will take over existing operational needs and identify ways to deliver more efficiency and scale
- Own and scale Step’s card operations including partner, supply chain and logistics management
- Work cross functionally to create business systems for escalating key issues to external partners
- Work with product, growth, risk and customer experience teams to support the launch of products, features and strategic initiatives
- Perform research and analyze opportunities for Step to launch new operational and strategic initiatives
- Create value for Step’s customers by bringing excellence to Step’s business operations team
- You are driven to take on new challenges from start to finish.
- You enjoy taking a ‘whatever it takes’ approach to execute on complex projects.
- You are low ego and work well with a wide range of people.
- You are driven by process and have the ability to lead people to get things done.
- You have experience in a highly strategic, analytical, and operational role in high scale environments.
- Ability to communicate and partner with multiple stakeholders including senior executives.
- You have 4+ years of experience in high growth tech companies, preferably in Fintech
- Experience in Fintech with a general understanding of risk and compliance.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits 💸
- High potential for growth 📈
- Stock in an early-stage startup 🤩
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy 🏝
- Employee referral program 👯♀️👯
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing ☕️
- 401K plan 💪🏻
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens