Full-Stack Developer - Senior Level
This job is no longer accepting applications.
As the world becomes increasingly stressful and change accelerates at an unprecedented pace, the toll on mental health has been significant, leaving many people feeling overwhelmed, down, anxious, or depressed. We want to help.
Many people hesitate to seek therapeutic of psychological help because of stigma, misinformation or treatment is simply inaccessible. We want to change that.
Join us in our mission – preserving mental health and wellness, and making mental healthcare more accessible and affordable, so that everyone can live their happiest and healthiest life!
Reporting into the Team Lead, Development, this is an exciting opportunity to work as part of our Product/Design/Engineering team located in Toronto! The mandate of the P/D/E team is to lead innovation that allows people and populations to access effective mental health care through digitally-delivered CBT, and our Full Stack Developers play a key role in achieving that mandate. As a growing and developing company, there is no shortage of new projects or learning opportunities for those who are eager – you will never get bored at MindBeacon!
An Overview of the Key Responsibilities:
- Work with the team that is responsible for the design and development of MindBeacon Platform services and applications
- Maintain knowledge and a keen understanding of client-oriented application design trends and best practices to assist in the implementation of new technological innovations in the MindBeacon platform and its applications
- Implement high quality and highly efficient code to deliver on business values
- Implement and maintain applications and CI/CD pipelines to automate distribution process
- Evaluate product implementation plans to maximize technical feasibility and deliver highly scalable, reliable, and reusable services
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to review interface and application design specifications, architecture, test plan, requirements, etc.
- Work in a cross-functional team to ensure delivery of MindBeacon platform services and MindBeacon applications
- Participate in design and code reviews
- Contribute to a high-performing team through the active delivery of role requirements, as well as development and maintenance of positive relationships with internal team members
- Other duties as assigned
The Skills and Experience That Make You a Great Fit for Our Team:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or another related field
- 4 to 7 years of experience with Node JS, and Express JS development
- Deep understanding and proficiency with information and data management theories; minimum 3 years database experience with SQL and NOSQL databases, including MongoDB, Apache CouchDB, MSSQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL or MySQL
- Knowledge of modern engineering and coding design patterns such as SOA, DDD, microservices, circuit-breakers, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to build production level solution in any modern programming language (i.e. Golang, Scala, Swift, Python, Java, etc.)
- Proficient understanding of Test Driven Development and Behaviour Driven Development
- Strong communication skills paired with ability to work collaboratively in an agile team environment
- Heightened troubleshooting abilities with ability to think creatively, anticipate, identify, and resolve problems
- Comfortable working independently; organized and focused with effective time-management and planning skills to ensure deadline achievement
- Adaptability and familiarity working under pressure and adjusting to changing priorities while maintaining a positive and constructive attitude towards work
What Sets You Apart from the Crowd:
- Hands-on experience with Jest, Angular, Swift is preferred
- Knowledge of NestJS, NodeJS, TypeScript is a strong asset
- Experience working with Azure, AWS, Google cloud platform is a strong asset
- Previous working experience in an agile, and/or growing start-up environment
- Previous experience or interest working in mental health
- Solid team player with solutions-oriented approach, easily listens to feedback and shares expertise and new learnings with the team
- Identify as an innovative and curious professional, continually upgrading personal technical skills through research, education, and self‑motivated technology experimentation
Why Work with MindBeacon:
- Being part of a high-impact organization, that is looking to make mental healthcare more accessible and more affordable for all Canadians – help us shape that vision!
- Excelling in a dynamic and changing environment, we are continuously innovating to make our platform the premiere way for Canadians to access high-quality, evidence-based treatment.
- Valuing growth and development, we embrace accountability, transparency, and continuous learning.
Some of our other great perks include – but are not limited to!
- Coverage under our group benefits health plan
- Paid time off, including vacation and personal/family health days
- Regular All Company meetings to keep you informed and drop-in virtual Water Cooler chats to keep you connected
- Great Employee Programs; help us add to our amazing team through the Employee Referral Program, and nominate your peers for the awesome work they do through the Employee Recognition Program
- Ability to work from home (ongoing) but connect with peers across the country
- A welcoming and supportive work environment, PLUS knowing that what you do every day makes a meaningful difference in the lives of Canadians across the country!
We are a high-impact organization with a proven business model and technology, as demonstrated by key financial and operational metrics. We have successfully commercially pioneered a digital continuum of care for mental health including our outcomes-tethered and accessible Guided Therapy (Therapist Assisted Cognitive Behavioural Therapy “TAiCBT”) in Canada called BEACON.,. Clients can choose to support their mental health needs via Guided Therapy or Live Therapy.
Since 2002, MindBeacon’s CBT Associates ("CBTA"), through traditional in-person clinic-based Cognitive Behavioral Therapy ("CBT"), has helped thousands of people become happier and more productive by helping them overcome feelings and behaviors that negatively impact their everyday lives.
Founded in 2015, MindBeacon has developed a comprehensive digitally-based continuum of care for mental health model through its widely deployed, extensively validated BEACON digital platform. BEACON is a digital therapeutic solution built on top of the years of direct experience and unmatched institutional knowledge.
Our platform is purpose-built to scale by servicing the broad mental healthcare market, reducing barriers to care, lowering costs for patients and delivering best-in-class outcomes. BEACON has broad applicability across employers, governments, benefit plans, health systems, disability management, post-secondary, employee wellness, specialty pharmacy, chronic disease management and others. We are the recognized solution and have partnered with the Ontario government to provide free iCBT to all Ontarians as part of the provincial response to COVID-19 and thereafter.
For more information, please visit https://www.mindbeacon.com.
If this opportunity sounds like you, select “Apply for this Job” to submit your cover letter and resume, and tell us why you’re a great fit for our team!
MindBeacon is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse, inclusive, and accessible workplace. We strongly support equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, family or marital status, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, medical condition, or any other protected characteristic.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the recruitment and selection process. If accommodation is needed in the recruitment process, please let us know and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process. You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We welcome and encourage all qualified applicants to apply, those selected for further consideration or interview will be contacted directly.
Thank you for your interest in MindBeacon!
Your application has been successfully submitted.