Head of Recruiting
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Head of Recruiting that will lead the strategy, team, and resources responsible for all recruiting operations. This role requires a leader who will engage and develop team members at all levels of experience, utilizing their unique skills and diverse interests. You will guide strategy development, prioritize requisitions, establish metrics, and allocate resources to take the team to the next level. This individual will work closely with executives, develop strong relationships with hiring managers, and ensure a great hiring experience for all candidates.
- Design, implement and maintain scalable processes, tools, systems and training necessary to support the recruiting function across the company.
- Partner with stakeholders to determine recruiting priorities and capacity.
- Provide leadership, training, and guidance related to job creation, interviewing best practices, offer negotiations, and recruiting functions.
- Ensure outstanding candidate experience and an exceptional talent acquisition process.
- Identify and develop relevant recruitment metrics, utilizing dashboards to track team performance, create recruiting reports, and inform business decisions.
- Optimize recruiting tools and practices, to ensure compliance, consistency, and integrity.
- Lead innovative sourcing strategies to attract top talent for executive searches and high-priority technical requisitions.
- Partner on the implementation of the managed service providers and streamline of the use of their temporary or contingent hiring services.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 5+ years of broad recruiting experience in Talent Acquisition or Human Resources
- Direct, hands-on experience hiring for engineering, operations and product
- Proven ability to use data to optimize the recruiting processes, develop innovative strategies, increase applicant pipelines, and present findings to the executive team.
- Experience managing a high-volume requisition load with competing demands from various business groups.
- Capable of managing immediate priorities while anticipating future needs.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and leading others through change.
- Strong team player who emphasizes team success over individual success.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens