Head of Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series B company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Head of Finance to be a founding member of the Finance team. We're looking for someone to roll up their sleeves and be the companies first finance hire eventually building out and leading a team. Responsibilities include preparation and management of budgets, forecasts, month-end reporting, operational and management reporting, trend analysis, and ad hoc analysis to support management decision-making. The role will also include communication and presentation to senior leaders. The Head of Finance will be expected to expand beyond financial responsibilities and be a strategic thought partner across the company.
- Communication: Effectively communicate with Senior Leaders and drive strategic decision making
- Planning / Forecasting: Lead planning and forecasting activities to achieve business and company goals. Highlight and understand major assumptions and their effects on the budget/forecast. Perform sensitivity analysis to assess reasonable range of outcomes.
- Reporting: Report and provide in-depth analysis on monthly Actuals vs. Forecast / Budget to key team members.
- Business Analysis: Continually keep a pulse on the business to identify ROI opportunities, manage risks and opportunities, and provide key financial and business support to leadership
- Financial Modeling: Prepare clear and easy to understand models with a focus on flexibility to change assumptions and scalability of model outputs
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- 7+ years experience in FP&A
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, economics or other related field
- Fluent in excel and powerpoint, comfortable with analyzing large datasets
- Experience managing and building out teams
- Start-up experience is a plus
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens