Senior SRE/DevOps Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Step is a next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for its first SRE/DevOps Engineer to help us define and implement how we deploy and run our software in the cloud. You are a self-starter passionate about automation who is comfortable working cross-functionally with other teams across Step.
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- Be part of a high energy, fun, world class engineering team
- Contribute to the design, implementation and running of a high-volume, low-latency, distributed transaction processing systems
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years relevant work experience
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Solid grasp of your favorite modern programming language
- Passion for uptime and automation
- Knowledge of best practices related to security, performance, and disaster recovery
- Familiarity with Google Cloud and Google Kubernetes Engine
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes
- PostgreSQL experience
- Familiarity with Agile, CI/CD, DevOps
Core technologies we use
- Kotlin, Java
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ, Dagger, Swagger
- Google Kubernetes Engine
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens