Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lockstep, we are building the next evolution of accounting systems. Lockstep was founded on the idea that accounting teams deserve much better tools to manage cash flow and close the books. This is a truly unique opportunity to lead the accounting team at a company that is dedicated to building new ways for accountants to work together.
We embrace remote work (even before Covid) – Work from any location inside the US!
Today, accounting teams keep their books in sync with customers and vendors by manually transcribing paper, email, and PDFs into their accounting system. This manual transcription is slow and error-prone creating cash traps in receivables and cash leaks in payables. We believe there is a better way to keep books up to date and cash flowing. At Lockstep, we're re-imagining how accounting teams work by transforming the current network of emails into a network of trusted connections between accounting systems. Lockstep makes accounting more accurate and timely, improves cash flow, and frees staff to focus on high value activities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Computer Interaction, graphic design, or other relevant field
- 4-5+ years of interface design experience in delivering high-volume, high-profile or award-winning web sites or products; preferably experience with SaaS and B2B products. Accounting/finance product experience a plus. Strong visual design skills a plus
- Strong experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers and cross-functional teams (engineering, product management, marketing, sales). Seasoned in Agile development processes
- Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (storyboards, user flows, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
- Proven track record in setting a vision for great customer experiences, inspiring others to get behind the vision, and delivering products and services that are known for their delightful experience and ease of use
- Constructive communicator, presenter, and negotiator
- Organized, self-directed, efficient and able to manage multiple and complex projects in a timely manner
- Expertise with design tools such as Figma, Sketch, Invision, Axure, Principle, Photoshop, Illustrator
- Familiarity with web and mobile technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions. Programming experience a plus
- A passion for creating products that resonate on an emotional level and a desire to make accounting delightful
- Robust online portfolio available for viewing
- Apply strategic thinking to design and deliver innovative end-to-end user experiences that optimize user needs, business goals, and technological realities across web & mobile platforms
- Turn visions into concepts and translate them into designs that illustrate simplicity, despite complexity of the system
- Directly responsible for delivering user experience visions, UI specifications, wireframes and prototypes
- Collaborate effectively with product management, development, marketing, sales, and other team members
- Use facilitative leadership skills to drive to the best outcome for stakeholders, resulting in others learning from you, and inspiring others to want to work with you
We embrace remote work (even before Covid) – Work from any location inside the US! You’ll be joining a great team – our leadership and investors have previously delivered multiple billion-dollar exits.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connect the world’s accounting departments to help them work better together.