Senior Backend Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Step is a next generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
Step is looking for an experienced Senior Backend Software Engineer. As part of the team you’ll be at the forefront of developing new core banking features and helping us deliver our first product to the public.
- Own features throughout their life cycle, from inception to production
- Improve existing and develop new Kotlin services
- Prioritize maintainable code and test all the things
- Work in a small, tight knit cross-functional team
- See your contributions make a weekly impact to an evolving product
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
- 3+ years experience in backend development
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals
- Passion for software quality
Core technologies we use
- Kotlin, Java
- gRPC, Protocol Buffers, jOOQ, Dagger, Swagger
- Google Kubernetes Engine
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early stage startup that is growing
- Flexible WFH and vacation policy
- Free daily lunches
- Free snacks & drinks
- Monthly team events outside the office
- Monthly stipend for commuter benefits and card testing
- Office right next to Caltrain
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens