Product Manager Accounting Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
At Lockstep, we are building the next evolution of accounting systems. Lockstep was founded on the idea that accounting teams deserve much better tools to manage cash flow and close the books. This is a truly unique opportunity to lead the accounting team at a company that is dedicated to building new ways for accountants to work together.
We embrace remote work (even before Covid) – Work from any location inside the US!
Lockstep is on a mission to revolutionize how accounting teams work! Today, accounting teams are the human glue between the books of customers and vendors by manually exchanging and transcribing paper, email, and PDFs between their accounting system. This manual transcription is slow and error-prone creating cash traps in receivables and cash leaks in payables. We believe there is a better way to keep books up to date and cash flowing. At Lockstep, we’re re-imagining how accounting teams work by transforming the current network of into a network of trusted connections between accounting systems. We call it connected accounting. Connected accounting makes bookkeeping more accurate and timely, improves cash flow, and frees staff to focus on more rewarding activities.
We are looking for a Product Manager that will lead the delivery of a delightful experience for our current and future accounting customers. Working with accounting departments of all sizes, you will be responsible for developing a strong understanding of their business problems, impacts and solutions for all accounting services critical for automation. Using this customer-centric view you will be responsible for building a product roadmap that makes the accounting departments the heroes of every organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is looking to innovate and drive adoption, growth, and scale at the enterprise level. You will partner with our engineering, design, extended go-to-market, and leadership teams to truly drive an exceptional user experience for the accounting customers we serve.
- Be an expert for our customers’ needs, motivations, and challenges
- Develop deep customer empathy and represent the customer to your team
- Work with engineers to help guide feature development
- Work closely with UI/UX designers to ensure an excellent user experience in our product
- Own product features through their entire creative cycle: ideation, specification, development, release, analysis, and iteration
- Perform qualitative and quantitative research to discover feature ideas and validate them before development
- Effectively able to plan and prioritize work across multiple projects, and communicate priority to relevant stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree
- Ability to use data and statistics to inform decisions
- Understand how to create simple and intuitive user experiences
- Passion for digital products
- Proven ability to learn fast
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful and innovative
- 1-3 years of Product Management experience
- A passion for DELIGHTING business back-end business users / accountants. Accountants deserve great software too!
- Accounts Receivable Experience
We embrace remote work (even before Covid) – Work from any location inside the US! You’ll be joining a great team – our leadership and investors have previously delivered multiple billion-dollar exits.
Inclusion is one of our core values. We don’t discriminate by race, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the US. We are not offering working visa sponsorship at this time.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Connect the world’s accounting departments to help them work better together.