This job is no longer accepting applications.
Step is a next-generation financial services company building the best banking experience to help teens and young adults achieve financial independence and knowledge at an earlier age. Step’s mission is to create a bank that gives you the tools to become smarter with your money and reward you along your financial journey. Step is a well-funded Series C company focused on disrupting banking through a differentiated mobile-first consumer experience. The founding team has an extensive background in FinTech and building successful consumer products and brands. If you’re looking to join a fast-growing company with a strong mission and vision that puts people first, we want to meet you.
As our first Data Analyst, you will support strategic initiatives across Growth, Marketing, Risk and Fraud, Customer Experience and more. You will have direct input into key decisions. Your work will have a tangible and lasting impact on the direction of Step. Every day you will leverage our suite of analytical tools to bring insights and opportunities into focus.
- Support all cross-functional teammates for end-to-end analysis on key initiatives.
- Develop, own and champion how we leverage Looker including defining standards, data definitions and dashboards.
- Build, monitor and report on critical success metrics and communicate meaningful insights internally.
- Effectively partner with product, design, performance marketing, social and product marketing to design, build and implement experiments that test data-informed hypotheses.
- Research and support ideation, brainstorming, and prioritization process with quantitative data.
- 3+ years of experience in an analytical role (consulting, finance, growth, analytics, etc).
- 5+ years of professional experience.
- High proficiency in SQL.
- Experience with a modern programming language a plus.
- Experience with data visualization tools like Looker, Mixpanel, Tableau, etc.
- Developer experience in Looker is preferred (LookML).
- Experience designing experiments.
- Ability to gather insights from data and communicate findings clearly to a cross-functional team.
- Team-oriented mindset and the ability to work with a wide range of individuals.
- Naturally curious and willing to take measured risks.
- Self-starter and able to work autonomously.
Working at Step
- Competitive salary based on experience, with full medical and dental benefits
- Stock in an early-stage startup
- Flexible WFH (when office re-opens) and vacation policy
- Employee referral program
- Monthly stipend for Step Card testing
- 401K plan
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Banking for teens