This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent is looking for a Technical Writer to be part of our Mission Central team. The individual in this role will help lead the planning, design, and implementation of the industry level documentation practices for Cvent’s internal technology teams.
Responsibilities include the creation of documentation, process models, and templates
with a strong focus on API documentation and co-created inline documentation for software. The Technical Writer position will assist the Senior Technical Writer in achieving the overall vision for Technical Writing in Cvent.
- Creating and writing technical documents as required to support developmental and operational systems to include manuals, instructions, references, procedures, and descriptions.
- Frequently interact with project leads, engineers, and architects to understand technical concepts, documentation requirements, and documentation schedules/milestones
- Ensure technical documents meet appropriate standards for format, grammar, and spelling; tailor level of rigor for format and content depth based on direction from project leads
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams as needed in technical documents; coordinate content with Subject Matter Experts (SME) for accuracy and effective communication
- Coordinate inputs from contributors, as required
- Maintain documentation numbering and control consistent across unit projects
- Coordinate document routing for review
- Generate training material for onboarding and training needs
- Articulate your content choices and the thinking behind your work (fight for your words!)
- Travel as required to support projects and team visits; may require overseas travel (non-covid times).
- BA/BS in Technical Writing, Communication, Marketing, Journalism, or related field
- Alternatively, BA/BS in Computer Science or software engineering with strong experience in technical writing
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
- 2-4 years of experience in technical writing, technical manual design, or equivalent
SPECIALIZED SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of Microservices and APIs required
- Familiarity with Cloud services (such as AWS) required
- Previous experience checking in code in Github repositories required
- Experience creating inline documentation with Redoc, Swagger or Docusaurus preferred
- Developer background a plus
- Experience with Confluence a plus
- Wordpress Experience a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent leadership, communication, and teamwork skills
- Ability to learn new technology and applications quickly
- Superior attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions and give ideas
- Willingness to take initiative and be accountable for your own work
- Knowledge of software agile teams, design software, programming, databases, and mobile technology
- Write in a clear and concise manner with the ability to convey information appropriately for a variety of audiences
- Ability to comprehend mission area technical concepts and technical concepts used in capabilities with support from SMEs.
- Working knowledge of industry documentation standards
- Proficiency with MS Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Proficiency creating block diagrams and similar graphics used in technical documents
- Strict adherence to security requirements and procedures
- Exposure to Software-As-A-Service technical operations
- Experience developing and providing operations and/or SME training
- Typing at least 50 words per minute
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent Maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.