Technical Lead, Professional Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent has multiple opportunities in our Tyson's Corner, VA, Austin, TX and Draper, UT offices for Technical Leads on the Event 360 Professional Services Team supporting customers leveraging Cvent’s Virtual and Onsite Solutions.
The successful candidate must be a process oriented, customer focused, multi-tasking individual with a proven track record against their current role’s metrics and activities. A successful candidate in this role is tech savvy, and approaches event technology solutions with proactivity and curiosity. Further, a successful candidate proposes new and creative ideas, possesses highly effective communication skills and builds constructive and effective relationships. Cvent has a diverse, collaborative, and open work environment where employees work closely with active members of the market’s thriving tech & event communities.
What You Will Be Doing
- Serve as a technical point of contact for internal and external teams on a single or multiple events, ranging in size or complexity
- Directly support and consult with customers on how to best leverage Cvent’s Virtual and Onsite Solutions functionality – including RFID equipment, Cvent Registration, iOS and Android devices, Virtual Session Production, etc.
- Use your passion for technology to create lasting customer relationship and leverage your technical abilities to produce successful events
- Act as a liaison between supplier vendors and customers to quote, order, and manage event specific materials
- Configure event specific technology throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage or support thorough pre-event testing across various technologies
- Troubleshoot potential issues to ensure the customer’s success at their event
- Implement security measures on onsite tools according to clients’ business requirements
- Manage the Day Of implementation team
- Help develop and improve upon internal processes specific to managing virtual, onsite, and hybrid projects
- Identify and define product improvements and enhancements as they pertain to client needs and overall deployment
- Travel within this role will vary based on the type of event projects being managed – approximately 60%
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience
· 1+ years experience troubleshooting technology products
· Experience and comfort in using consumer electronics
- Thorough knowledge of networking
- Experience with Event Tech and Cvent solutions highly preferred
- Audio Visual and Production experience highly recommended
- Ability to learn new technology in the market mainly on different OS and provide feedback on these technologies
- Previous experience configuring and troubleshooting software/hardware (Windows and Mac, RFID experience a plus)
- Advanced knowledge of different operation systems, such as Windows/Mac OS
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ensure clients and PS team understand technical requirements
- Ability to manage a team to achieve goals
- Must be available and able to travel domestically and internationally
- Strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity
- Strong understanding of the event management experience
- Able to work with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Jira/Confluence and Salesforce.com or similar contact management software
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.