This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent Architects are responsible for leading the specifications, design, and development of large-scale, Internet-based applications, frameworks, and platforms. The Software Architect will work as a leading member of the Product Development team and, more specifically, the Central Technology Group to support and enhance the application architecture and the framework. The Lead / Architect will frequently be tasked with researching new tools and technologies and asked to come up with recommendations on how they can be used in Cvent applications. The Lead / Architect will also be expected to actively participate in design and implementation of projects featuring a high degree of technical complexity and/or scalability and performance implications.
What You Will Be Doing
- Spec, design, develop, and debug scalable and high-performance, service-based web applications
- Play a leading role in supporting and enhancing the architecture and the framework of Cvent applications
- Help define technical solutions and a unified framework from the design and architecture through development, testing, and release
- Help guide the technology directions by recommending specific technologies to pursue, suggesting training and staff development activities
- Identify and address technical debt as our applications evolve
- Evaluate and prototype POC using the best technologies for the job
- Conduct performance-testing by using application profiler and load-testing tools
- Define and implement automated build, deployment, and testing procedures
- Identify and resolve potential application security vulnerabilities
- Improve system scalability and application isolation
What You Need for this Position
- Hands-on experience designing building an implementing highly scalable RESTful APIs
- Very experienced with any of the following languages: Java, Node.JS, Python, C#, Ruby, PHP, C++, Scala
- 60%+ hands-on coding on a day to day basis
- 8+ Years’ experience with back-end development and relational databases (Postgres, MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience with using Amazon AWS
- Expertise in open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc.
- Strong knowledge of application-profiling and performance-tuning
- Strong understanding of internet security
- Strong understanding of cross-browser compatibility and limitation issues
- Bachelor’s or Master's degree in Computer Science or related technical degree
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.