This job is no longer accepting applications.
BlackCart brings the retail fitting room experience home. We integrate into ecommerce stores, enabling shoppers to try products at home for free, and only pay for what they keep. BlackCart powered merchants see increased conversion and higher average order value and their customers can choose the products they love most without the upfront commitment. We were recently written up in TechCrunch!
We’ve raised over $10M from a long list of top-tier VCs, and have partnered with top ecommerce retailers such as Levi’s and Caraway with many more awesome retailers both big and small in the works. We are growing our team so we can continue to optimize the digital shopping experience!
About the Role
We are seeking a talented HR Lead to develop and implement BlackCart’s hiring process and employee experience. You will develop processes and SOPs that will help enable the organization to effectively scale. As our first HR hire, you will be a critical member of the team as we enter our next phase of growth.
As a HR Lead, You Will:
- Build an incredible employee experience from hiring to onboarding, engagement, and ongoing development, while serving as an approachable employee resource for any HR questions
- Design and build out a scalable end-to-end hiring process that can be utilized across the organization, while also assisting in open role planning, recruiting, and candidate screening
- Develop effective new hire onboarding processes (as well as offboarding processes), while also building out and overseeing employee training programs as part of the post-onboarding process
- Ensure best practice adherence and company-wide completion of performance review cycles, developing and implementing company-wide performance management programs that reward excellence and drive continuous, transparent feedback
- Build and drive scalable solutions to make our leaders better managers, growing our team's capabilities
- Plan and execute culture events company-wide to bring the team together
- Manage payroll, benefits, and perks administration
Why should you join BlackCart:
- The role is first in the function here. You’ll have a significant impact on our people and culture as we continue to expand as a company.
- We offer competitive compensation including salary and equity. You grow as we grow!
- We have an awesome HQ in Toronto
- We offer full health benefits
- BlackCart is a rapidly growing startup, poised to significantly transform the retail industry with our market leading Try-Before-You-Buy platform
- Self-directed HR leader with 6+ years of relevant experience
- Experience building various HR, training, and onboarding programs from the ground up
- Thoughtful people management and mentorship skills
- Orientation toward high-level company goals and long-term success
- Organizational design acumen and experience
- Superb attention to detail and high performance standards
- Strong desire to work and learn in a high-growth, startup environment.
Bonus Points if you...
- Bring experience with retail and ecommerce platforms
- Bring experience working in a high-growth startup environment
- Love animals (It’s likely that our CHOs, Chief Happiness Officers – Harvey and Unagi – will be sitting in on your interview!)
If you don't meet 100% of the above qualifications, but still think you'd be a great fit for the role, we encourage you to apply! We will consider all candidates with relevant skill sets for this role, even if there are certain requirements they do not meet to a T
BlackCart is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. As part of this commitment, we do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, sex, gender, gender identity, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or disability status.
Your application has been successfully submitted.