Intermediate to Senior Front-End developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Employment Type: Full-time
Are you a talented Front-End Developer with a passion for writing excellent code and delivering amazing user experiences?
As a front-end developer at Diff, you will be responsible for building the storefronts for some of the biggest e-commerce sites in the world. Your knowledge of the web will help architect and build Shopify themes that push performance, accessibility and user experience.
What is Front-end at Diff?
Our ecommerce team is here to conceptualize, produce and support the world’s best online shopping experiences. We are an award-winning engineering team that build some of the most visited online storefronts and are responsible for the digital experience of shoppers across the globe. We push not only to develop our technical skills, but to become well-rounded professionals that understand the ins and outs of e-commerce. We find creative ways to solve unique business problems and are known for being the team that can deliver where others didn’t think it was possible.
What you’ll do
- Develop and maintain custom Shopify themes.
- Contribute to internal projects and planning discussions.
- Develop reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Develop documentation for code standards and workflows.
- Work closely with a multi-disciplinary team including developers, designers and project managers.
- Mentor and coach junior team members.
What you’ll need
- minimum of 3-4 years of development experience.
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills.
- Great sense of teamwork.
- Sharp attention to detail.
- Strong problem-solving abilities and comprehension of greater business objectives.
- The ability to manage multiple projects with strict deadlines, and remain calm under pressure.
- Demonstrated commitment to personal and professional growth.
- Strong desire to help other businesses grow.
- Familiarity with Git version control.
- Passionate about technology.
Bonus Points for...
- Shopify experience and knowledge of Liquid.
- Familiarity with design tools such as Figma/Zeplin.
- Meticulous use of version control.
- Hobbies and a sense of humor!
Who we are
Diff is a full-service ecommerce agency that provides brands and retailers with end-to-end solutions to accelerate their growth. As one of the world's top Shopify Plus Partners, our team creates best-in-class, award-winning brand experiences and robust ecommerce operations strategies.
In addition to an award-winning portfolio, we’re also proud of our distinguished company culture. Ranked four years consecutively by
, we are known for our inclusive values and a corporate culture that helps people reach their full potential. If you are curious about our culture, we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us! Our team is currently remote and can be found spread throughout Montreal, Toronto, and the USA.
As Diff has continued to grow, our dedication to our company identity and values has grown too. There are a few things that all of us at Diff have in common:
- We believe that respect and collaboration are the key ingredients for shaping our success. To help foster collaboration we make a habit of open communication and compassion across all our teams!
- We are a group of accountable and creative people who aren’t afraid to do things differently and take ownership of our work.
- We’re always striving to create value and bring that little something extra to the table. We are in relentless pursuit of excellence and are proud of the work we do.
If these are values you identify with, we hope you’ll consider joining Diff!
Our tools of choice
- Your text editor of choice (VSCode, Sublime, Brackets, etc.)
- Google Suite
Bells & whistles
We foster a culture that encourages everyone to be their best selves. From our benefits package to the opportunities we provide for personal growth, we give our fellow differs the chance to evolve in a workplace that’s healthy, supportive, and fun.
- Medical, dental & life insurance!
- Access to Dialogue a telemedicine application that gives easy access to nurses, physicians, therapists, nutritionists, etc.
- Cellphone/Gym allowance
- Flex dollars
- Virtual activities
- Surprise gifts
Please submit a copy of your CV along with a cover letter highlighting what resonates with you about this position and how you identify with Diff’s values. We are excited about the possibility of meeting you!
Diff is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are curious about our culture we invite you to visit our Glassdoor page to see what our people think of us.
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ in Canada by Great Place to Work®, Ranked #30
- 2020 Best Workplaces™ for Women
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We're a top Shopify Plus Agency, providing retailers with solutions to fuel their growth.