Manager, Site Reliability Engineering
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent’s rapidly growing site reliability organization is seeking to hire a Senior Manager/Manager to build, lead, and grow the globally distributed team. You will provide strong technical leadership and support for developing the primary interface between software engineers and our cloud operations teams, build a large, highly-scalable distributed platform to keep things running smoothly, train and mentor staff, and develop robust internal and external partnerships necessary for success. This individual will also define processes and create ways to automate repetitive tasks and seek out ways to drive efficiency and improvements.
What You Will Be Doing
- Set the direction and strategy for your team, and help shape the overall SRE program for the company
- Serve the primary point of contact for senior management stakeholders across development and cloud operations
- Recruit and develop staff; build a culture of excellence in site reliability and automation
- Manage complex technical projects and a team of SREs
- Own site stability, performance, and capacity planning
- Participate early in the SDLC to ensure reliability is built in from the beginning, and creating plans for successful implementations/launches
- Foster a learning and ownership culture within the team and the larger Cvent organization
- Lead by example – roll up your sleeves by debugging and coding; participate in on-call rotation & occasional travel
- Support the team with technical decisions - this is not a tech lead position.
What You Need for this Position
- 3+ years of demonstrable experience leading site reliability and performance in large-scale, high-traffic environments
- 7-10+ years of technology experience overall
- Strong leadership, communication and interpersonal skills geared to getting things done
- Developing themselves and the talent within their charge – fostering and creating opportunity for the team
- Strong understanding of SRE concepts and the DevOps culture, with a focus on leveraging software engineering tools, methodologies, and concepts
- In-depth understanding of automation and CI/CD processes to go along with excellent reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments with a deep grasp on system internals
- Worked on large-scale distributed systems including multi-tiered architecture
- Bachelor’s degree in a technology related field of study, or equivalent experience
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.