Lead Technical Artist, Unreal Engine
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Cvent is looking for a Lead Technical Artist to work on the Cvent Social Tables architecture visualization engine. As a Technical Artist, you will work closely with designers, engineers, and environment modelers to create hyper-realistic environments, models, materials, and textures. You will create and maintain material graphs for PBR materials for use within Unreal Engine 4. Knowledge of material authoring with Substance Designer or similar tools is a huge plus.
The qualified candidate should have excellent written and verbal communication skills and will communicate with the internal project manager and modeling teams and comprehend requirements for modeling interior spaces from client’s written communications.
What you will be doing:
- Work closely with modelers to ensure that interior spaces look realistic and visually interesting
- Help to plan out and develop environments and environmental assets from initial prototypes to final quality
- Create and maintain a strong vision for environments through collaboration with modelers and project manager
- Create visually cohesive materials and textures for use in a PBR-based workflow
- Help maintain a streamlined workflow for tools and art packages
- Prioritize work commitments and work with project manager to organize work efforts around customer deadlines.
- Report upon progress and project reasonable timelines for work completion
- Ensure the best experience for our customer fits in with and contributes to the broader Cvent ecosystem of products.
- Customer-centric focus with a desire to generate high-quality, custom work.
- Intellectually curious and have a knack for completing projects efficiently.
- Deadline-oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced and open/flexible environment.
What you need for this position:
- A strong portfolio that demonstrates experience modeling, texturing, and set dressing interior environments.
- Demonstrated experiences working with modern graphics engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.) and modern art pipelines (e.g., Substance)
- Must be comfortable taking on responsibility for development of complex environments while pushing the visual quality bar
- 5+ years of experience in architecture visualization, game development, or equivalent
- Master level understanding of the core concepts of Unreal Engine, Code, Blueprint, and Engine
- Experience delivering architecture visualizations or game titles using modern engines and art pipelines
- Extensive knowledge of use and development of Unreal Engine Blueprints
- Development of Unreal Engine art pipeline tools and extensions with an eye towards usability and efficiency.
- Solve challenging technical issues within the Unreal Engine asset pipeline.
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.