Event Manager, Professional Services
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Are you ready to make an impact and launch your career at the #8 Top Software Company of 2020?
Cvent has multiple opportunities in our Tyson's Corner, VA, Portland, OR, Austin, TX, Dallas, TX and Draper, UT offices for Event Managers on the Event 360 Professional Services Team supporting customers leveraging Cvent’s Virtual and Onsite Solutions.
The successful candidate must be a process oriented, customer focused, multi-tasking individual with a proven track record against their current role’s metrics and activities. A successful candidate in this role is tech savvy, and approaches event technology solutions with proactivity and curiosity. Further, a successful candidate proposes new and creative ideas, possesses highly effective communication skills and builds constructive and effective relationships.
Cvent has a diverse, collaborative and open work environment where employees work closely with active members of the market’s thriving tech & event communities.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as a point of contact for the customer on a single or multiple events, ranging in size or complexity
- Act as the point of contact in managing all planning and Day Of aspects of the event through heavy engagement with the customer
- Directly support and consult with customers on how to best leverage Cvent’s Virtual and Onsite Solutions functionality
- Act as a liaison between supplier vendors and customers to quote, order, and manage event specific materials
- Troubleshoot potential issues to ensure the customer’s success at their event
- Manage several concurrent projects of differing sizes and complexity
- Help develop and improve upon internal processes specific to managing virtual, onsite, and hybrid projects
- Identify and define product improvements and enhancements as they pertain to client needs and overall deployment
- Configure event specific technology throughout the project lifecycle
- Manage the Day Of implementation team
- Work with Finance on project costs
- Travel within this role will vary based on the type of event projects being managed.
What You Need for this Position:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Cvent Advanced Certification and Mobile Solutions Certification highly preferred
- Audio Visual and Production experience highly recommended
- At least 3 years of event planning, project management or customer success experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Ability to multi-task and ability to work in a dynamic, fast-changing entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to integrate knowledge across disciplines to insure event execution success
- Ability to manage a team to achieve goals
- Basic networking knowledge
- Strong business acumen, ethics and high integrity
- Excel at developing relationships over the phone
- Strong understanding of the event management experience
- Able to work with MS Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Jira/Confluence and Salesforce.com or similar contact management software
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.