Senior Virtualization Systems Consultant
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Malicis is Quebec’s largest professional services firm in the field of virtualization systems and cloud computing. Today, we are proud to be a benchmark company in virtual infrastructures, applications and desktops. With a team of highly qualified specialists, Malicis is positioned as a leader in the IT industry and works with prestigious Canadian and international clients. Known for its employer brand, Malicis distinguishes itself by its dynamic work environment where employee autonomy and well-being are the main focus.
In order to support its strong growth, Malicis is currently looking for a Senior Virtualization Systems Consultant.
Role: Under the CFO/VP of Operations, your role will be to carry out large-scale mandates to respond to emergencies and the different needs of our clients with regard to IT infrastructures and technologies affecting VDI solutions. As a Senior Virtualization Systems Consultant, you will act both at the strategic and operational levels of projects under your leadership and guide clients to the best possible solutions.
- Design, validate, integrate, administer and evolve the IT infrastructures to be implemented in client projects;
- Act as an expert with clients by providing advice on all matters related to computer systems;
- Plan, direct and control the activities of various client projects;
- Explain and teach architectural concepts on mastered technological bases;
- Develop standards and participate in the short- and long-term strategy;
- Identify and study technical innovations in the server and desktop virtualization market;
- Participate in the company’s documentation effort (Wiki and Blog) and produce reports, audits and procedures necessary to meet customer demands;
- Carry out internal knowledge transfer.
Desired Qualities :
- Have strong communication skills;
- Be “customer-oriented”;
- Know how to determine priorities and goals to complete a project;
- Ability to quickly adapt to a variety of work and technological environments;
- Know how to deal with unforeseen events that can occur throughout projects.
- Master Citrix virtualization solutions (Virtual Apps, Virtual Desktop, PVS), earlier versions (4.5, 5.0, 6.5) as well as newer versions (7.15, 7.18, 1912);
- Master, both technically and conceptually, the following aspects:
- VMware virtualization solutions (vSphere, Horizon view Suite) and applications (VMware ThinApp)
- SAN and NAS server and storage environments
- Network issues intrinsic to virtual infrastructures (Communication, VLANs, vSwitch)
- Microsoft Server (2012, 2016, 2019)
- The basic features of an infrastructure
- Microsoft Active Directory, Azure AD, DNS, DHCP, DFS
- Hold a college diploma with a specialization in computer science or a certificate of relevant studies;
- Have a minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar position;
- Hold recognized certifications in Citrix, VMware or Microsoft;
- Own a vehicle and a valid driver’s license.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Malicis is Canada’s leading full-stack end-user computing solution provider, offering cloud-based services, expertise in consulting and support servic...