Senior Java Software Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Senior Java Software Engineer
Come put your software engineering skills to good use at Cvent! You’ll be rebuilding and enhancing a cutting-edge meetings, events and travel product used by hotels and organizations around the world. As a Project Lead, you will follow best practices and use independent problem solving to help support and expand our product line. You’ll need to work in a collaborative, fast, Scrum-based team environment and interface with technology experts and product leaders to clarify requirements and complete testing and product delivery.
Java Microservices ElasticSearch
What You Will Be Doing
- As a Senior Software Engineer, you will be expected to demonstrate solid conceptual and technical skills.
- Implement new features and integrate them into the Cvent cloud landscape.
- Investigate, identify, solve, and fix software problems.
- Work with other products and teams in the Cvent suite to ensure connectivity and compatibility between systems.
What You Need For This Position
- 5+ years of professional experience developing enterprise Java applications
- Java Engineering background building out RESTful microservices architecture ideally in an enterprise environment
- Good knowledge in the public AWS domain
- Comfortable with open source technologies and NoSQL DB technology such as Couchbase, Elasticsearch, RabbitMQ, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc
- Understanding of DevOps and Build tools such as Gradle, Maven, and Jenkins
- Familiarity leveraging Docker for containers would be a strong plus
Benefits and Perks
- Career growth opportunities
- LinkedIn Learning Partnership
- Comprehensive health and dental
- Company sponsored social events
- Paid time off and sick leave
- State-of-the-art office space
- Volunteer time matching
- Corporate funds for charitable walks, runs, bike rides etc
- Pet insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer match
Consistently recognized as a Top Workplace by both The Washington Post and Washington Business Journal, Cvent employees worldwide are encouraged to think and act like entrepreneurs (we call them intrapreneurs) to drive business and innovation, and their passion has allowed Cvent to become the industry-leading meetings, events, and hospitality technology provider we are today.
With more than 4,300 employees, 27,000 customers, and 300,000 users worldwide, Cvent solutions optimize the entire event management value chain and have enabled clients around the world to manage millions of meetings and events. We're powering the human connection one event at a time!
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.