GPU Software Staff Engineer
Qualcomm Technologies, Inc.Job Area:
Engineering Group, Engineering Group > Software EngineeringGeneral Summary:
Qualcomm is hiring a Staff Engineer for the GPU Software Engineering team. Responsibilities will include the architecture/design and development of new features for the Adreno series of GPUs, debugging and optimization of software for performance and power and working with our partners, and OEMs for Software roadmap planning. The software development includes writing drivers for OpenGL ES/Vulkan/DX11/ DX12 APIs and for GPU Machine learning acceleration. Understanding of modern rendering techniques in games including ray tracing/mesh shading would be a plus.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 4+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
Master's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 3+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
PhD in Engineering, Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field and 2+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 2+ years of experience with Programming Language such as C, C++, Java, Python, etc.Preferred Qualifications:
• 8+ years of Software Engineering or related work experience.
• 3+ years of experience with Database Management Software.
• 3+ years of experience with API.
• 3+ years of experience working in a large matrixed organization.
• 1+ years of work experience in a role requiring interaction with senior leadership (e.g., Director level and above).
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gathers, integrates, and interprets information across modules or sub-blocks of code from a variety of sources in order to troubleshoot issues and find solutions.
• Quickly resolves highly complex software issues and bugs.
• Communicates with project lead to provide status and information about impending obstacles and suggests remediation.
• Collaborates with others inside and outside of project team to accomplish project objectives.
• Identifies gaps in design, effort, etc., and closes the gaps.
• Suggests strategies for solving issues during technical meetings.
• Unit tests own code and performs integration testing to verify the stability and functionality of a large feature.
• Serves as a technical leader within area of focus.
• Manages project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables for small projects.
• Performs code reviews on project team's submitted solutions.
Level of Responsibility:
• Working independently with little supervision.
• Making decisions that are moderate in impact; errors may have financial impact or effect on projects, operations, or customer relationships; errors may require involvement beyond immediate work group to correct.
• Using verbal and written communication skills to convey complex and/or detailed information to multiple individuals/audiences with differing knowledge levels. May require strong negotiation and influence, communication to large groups or high-level constituents.
• Having a moderate amount of influence over key organizational decisions (e.g., is consulted by senior leadership to provide input on key decisions).
• Completing tasks that do not have defined steps; simultaneous use of multiple mental abilities is generally required to determine the best approach; mistakes may result in significant rework.
• Exercising substantial creativity to innovate new processes, procedures, or work products within guidelines or to achieve established objectives.
• Using deductive and inductive problem solving; multiple approaches may be taken/necessary to solve the problem; often information is missing or conflicting; advanced data analysis and interpretation skills are required.
• Occasionally participates in strategic planning within own area affecting immediate operations.
The responsibilities of this role do not include:
• Financial accountability (e.g., does not involve budgeting responsibility).
Qualcomm is committed to hiring and supporting individuals with disabilities. Although this role has some expected physical activity, an inability to perform one or more of the listed physical requirements should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. We will work with you throughout the application and onboarding process to provide reasonable accommodations. Examples of expected physical activity include: frequently transporting between offices, buildings, and campuses up to ½ mile; frequently transporting and installing equipment up to 5 lbs; performing tasks at various heights (e.g., standing or sitting); monitoring and utilizing computers and test equipment for more than 6 hours a day; and continuous communication which includes the comprehension of information with colleagues, customers, and vendors both in person and remotely.
Although this role has some expected minor physical activity, this should not deter otherwise qualified applicants from applying. If you are an individual with a physical or mental disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please call Qualcomm’s toll-free number found here for assistance. Qualcomm will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities as part of our ongoing efforts to create an accessible workplace.
Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer and supports workforce diversity.
To all Staffing and Recruiting Agencies: Our Careers Site is only for individuals seeking a job at Qualcomm. Staffing and recruiting agencies and individuals being represented by an agency are not authorized to use this site or to submit profiles, applications or resumes, and any such submissions will be considered unsolicited. Qualcomm does not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from agencies. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Qualcomm employees or any other company location. Qualcomm is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/applications.
EEO Employer: Qualcomm is an equal opportunity employer; all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or any other protected classification.
$126,000.00 - $189,000.00If you would like more information about this role, please contact Qualcomm Careers.
Your application has been successfully submitted.