Lead Front-End Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
Lead Front End Engineer
- Do you enjoy working in a collaborative, team-oriented environment?
- Do you enjoy creating innovative, long lasting solutions?
- Are you passionate about technology?
If you answered yes, please keep reading!
As a Lead Front End Engineer you will be working as part of Cvent’s Nucleus Development Group. Our mission is to develop cross platform tooling and next generation UI technologies, that will aide product teams in the rapid development of our best in class enterprise software.
The ideal candidate for this role will exemplify both technical expertise and empathy. We are looking for someone who wants to not only work on interesting projects but also make a positive impact across Cvent’s Engineering division. Specifically, we are looking for someone who…
- Is self-motivated and will contribute to, as well as oversee the development and maintenance of reusable components and front-end libraries for use by product teams.
- Is process oriented, can execute on multiple projects in parallel and ensure the on-time release of well tested and reliable code.
- Will provide technical expertise and mentor to associate level team members and help to define and drive best practices across the division.
- Uses development techniques to optimize software across a vast array of devices and browsers while able to discuss the trade-offs between different techniques.
- Is excited about interpersonal communication and is able to build dynamic working relationships across the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical experience.
- 8 or more years, of hands on development experience.
- Strong foundation in React.js and its core principles.
- Familiar with popular React.js workflows, such as Redux.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Webpack and NPM.
- Experience with HTML5 and CSS pre-processors.
- Highly proficient with version control systems, especially GIT, a plus.
- Experience working with React Native a plus.
- Experience using and implementing RESTful APIs.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cvent offers a fun, collegial work environment tailored to sharpening your technical skills and growing as a software professional. While we have evolved from startup to mid-sized company, our Technology Team has preserved an entrepreneurial and merit-driven culture where meaningful initiative and contribution are recognized and rewarded.
Need more reasons to consider us? We offer competitive salary packages and an extensive benefits package for all full-time employees, including medical, dental, vision, semi-annual bonuses, 401K Match, gym membership discounts and other great perks!
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.