Head of People Operations
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HYPR is mission-focused on eliminating passwords. Come join us on this journey and help us grow to 100 professionals and beyond. The Head of People Operations role at HYPR is in the admiral’s chair for taking us to new horizons while maintaining a strong culture of collaboration and humility, encouraging growth, training, benefits & rewards along the way.
We are looking for a startup veteran or rising star who has seen scale across multiple stages, is process & data oriented, proactive & transparent, and most importantly: empathetic. This role at its core is about understanding people. The processes, systems, benefits, retention and everything else is built to support the goal of understanding people and giving them the tools to succeed and grow.
The People Operations lead will build upon the foundations we’ve initiated including organizational and talent development, culture, performance management, retention strategies, policy and compliance, and benefits administration.
This role works directly with the COO, with close collaboration across the entire management team. To date there has been no challenge too big or too small that we’ve failed to collectively roll up our sleeves and tackle.
The preferred candidate is based in or around the New York City area. Candidates along the East Coast may also be considered.
What You’ll Get:
- The team supporting you includes a talented Business Operations Manager focused on recruiting & talent management, as well as our Chief of Staff who supports the team with facilities/office management & logistics.
- An organization focused on professional growth, accountability and fairness. HYPR’s foundations on this includes an active performance review process, engineer leveling & frequent compensation reviews.
- All the tools and systems you want to build and use will be available and we look forward to investing in this with you. We believe heavily in making the right investments in technology. You will drive the budget.
- Ownership: We want to learn from you, not question you. We start with trust and we focus on getting to success together.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Join the management team in refining the culture & values embodied across the company. Impact this throughout our communications and strategies: across recruiting, onboarding, growth, retention and more.
- Accelerate HYPR’s onboarding journey for new hires to a consistent proven scale where each new hire feels the same level of focus whether we are onboarding 1 person at 50 people or 10 people at 150 people.
- Improve upon HYPR’s performance review process, bringing in the tools and systems to scale, manage and report.
- Evaluate leveling and compensation management together with business leads to ensure fair and equitable balance for hiring and retention.
- Own and implement manager tracks for the team so rising individuals have an opportunity to become successful leads.
- Be a primary point of contact for HR matters and difficult discussions. Be the voice of reason and challenge so we are all better off for it.
- Operationalize HYPR’s growing team globally. Be ready to discuss with third parties & partners how to ensure success for our team in uncharted regions.
- 7+ years as a People Operations professional in a high-growth technology environment
- Strong working experience of all People Operations functional areas including onboarding, training and development, employee relations, performance management, compensation, and benefits.
- Experience building out centralized programs and delivering training across the organizations.
- Knowledge of US employment laws and relevant subject matter knowledge including on benefits and immigration.
- Previous experience working with closely with the leadership teams
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail.
- Comfort with ambiguity, autonomy, and responsibility; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done and then doing it.
- High emotional intelligence and an inherent need to understand people and appreciate the ‘why’
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available and more
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
Work authorization: US Citizen or H1B
Full Time Opportunity: Yes
Remote: No / East Coast Open
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HYPR is The Passwordless Company™ backed by Comcast, Samsung, and Mastercard.