Senior Controller, Accounting & Finance
This job is no longer accepting applications.
HYPR is mission-focused on eliminating passwords. Come join us on this journey and help us put the processes and systems in place to scale with hundreds of thousands of customers. The Senior Controller role at HYPR is a key position of financial oversight and a core partner to our COO in enabling growth at scale.
We are looking for a rising star with experience in startups ideally through more than one stage of growth. You bring experience and ownership covering GAAP audited financials, the ins-and-outs of tax, compliance, audit, nexus and other areas. Your responsibilities will include oversight of payroll and benefits with our PEO, tax and compliance, audits, financials, consolidations, internal controls, process improvement.
This role works directly with the COO, and collaborates closely with business leads of well-resourced areas including the Head of Sales Ops, Marketing lead and others.
The preferred candidate is based on or around the New York City area. Candidates across the East Coast may also be considered.
What You’ll Get:
- We understand the ins-and-outs and have a profound appreciation for the importance of financial process improvement and financial systems integration.
- All the tools and systems you want to build and use will be available and we are excited to invest in this with you. We believe heavily in smart technology investment. You will drive this budget.
- You can contract out as you see fit. You will manage the relationship between our primary external tax team (Big 4) & any additional team you believe will help us scale.
- An organization focused on professional growth. If FP&A and growth intrigue you, this role can expand to managing a team and working towards a FP&A / Finance lead.
- Ownership: We want to learn from you, not question you. We start with trust and we focus on achieving success together.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Take the reins of the accounting end-to-end. Everything from budget vs. actuals monthly financials, recording journal entries and bookkeeping, payables & receivables, and providing guidance and implementation around new accounting topics and changes we need to make.
- You’ll gain hands-on experience at a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) startup bringing your experience scaling 100s of customers, upsell, cross-sell, churn events, and more.
- You will have the opportunity to drive design & implementation to more advanced systems for later stage (i.e Netsuite, various SaaS tools such as Paddle, Zuora, and others) and working cross-functionally with Product & Engineering to ensure a low touch experience for our customers and our professionals.
- Be a primary point of contact for accounting matters and difficult discussions. Be the voice of objectivity, reason and dissent so we are all better off for it.
- Operationalize HYPR’s growing team globally. Be ready to discuss with third parties & partners how to ensure success for our team in uncharted regions.
- 5+ years as an Accounting/Controller professional in a high-growth technology environment (CPA a plus).
- Strong working experience of all Accounting processes end-to-end from bookkeeping to reporting to GAAP audited financials.
- Masterful Excel skills. You are a formulaic pro, a wizard without a mouse, and have a keen eye for repeatability & error-handling.
- Experience building out centralized programs and identifying the systems and tools we need to scale.
- Experience managing and working with third-party firms for audit processes, questions and studies as needed.
- Hands-on experience with tax and financial regulatory compliance (although not technical or privacy regulatory compliance).
- Previous experience working closely with leadership teams.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail.
- Comfort with ambiguity, autonomy, and responsibility; you enjoy figuring out what needs to be done and then doing it.
- High emotional intelligence and an inherent need to understand people and appreciate the ‘why’
- Competitive Salary & Equity offer with significant upside as we scale
- Great Medical/Dental/Vision coverage, as well as FSA/HSA, 401k available and more
- Generous equipment budget and customized workstation. You will have what you need to be successful
Work authorization: US Citizen or H1B
Full Time Opportunity: Yes
HYPR is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HYPR is The Passwordless Company™ backed by Comcast, Samsung, and Mastercard.