Professional Services Operations Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Cvent is an exciting, fast-growing tech company that provides industry-leading software to more than 300,000 event professionals and hoteliers around the world. The economic significance of our industry is undeniable: Meetings and events boost the global GDP by more than $1.5 trillion and impact nearly 26 million jobs; and for more than 20 years, Cvent has led the transformation of our industry with our market-leading technology.
The Professional Services Operations Manager is dedicated to a specific client for the main purpose of supporting the client’s global meetings and event management strategy. The manager is expected to drive adoption of Cvent's products and improve the overall success of the client relationship. This is accomplished by meeting or exceeding specific deliverables including, but not limited to, oversight of day to day operations as it relates to Cvent technology, project management and coordination with various Cvent groups supporting the specific account, and ongoing analysis of the client’s account with the goal of providing recommendations for efficiencies. The manager can effectively communicate with team members, leadership, and clients in both written and verbal form. The manager is responsible for measuring and managing key performance metrics, delivering feedback through coaching sessions, and understanding and acting on customer satisfaction feedback. The position requires a very dynamic professional who can be a liaison with other teams and departments in a professional manner. The ideal candidate must be a positive, enthusiastic, and engaged leader with the ability to inspire others.
What You Will Be Doing
- Global account oversight and ownership
- Maintain strong advisory relationship with key client contacts in positions that can significantly impact adoption
- Directly manage a dedicated global team
- Collaborate with account management and other Cvent employees to drive long-term success and strategic initiatives that enhance the customer experience and company goals
- Project manage and coordinate other Cvent resources assigned to support the account
- Act as Client’s advisor regarding technology solutions, features, and functionality
- Present solutions to fulfill client’s business requirements by acting as an internal expert and trusted advisor
- Act as Cvent’s advocate within client’s organization by organizing demos and onboarding new business units or departments to existing licensed technology
- Cultivate new business opportunities by asking questions, mining opportunities presented, and sharing findings with sales partners
- Design, coordinate, and conduct user training on client’s meetings and events program as it relates to Cvent technology for both internal staff as well as client’s users
- Act as Client’s advocate within Cvent’s management and technology groups by managing activities and liaising between the client and the various Cvent departments including Technology, Sales, and Client Services
- Provide regular operational reports to track service delivery metrics as well as tracking towards client’s goals and objectives
- Identify and drive process improvements focused on high service levels and increased efficiency
- Manage, motivate, and develop direct reports
- Ensure all service level expectations for all team members are being met
- Ensure peer review quality checks are performed in a timely manner
- Maintain standard operating procedures and best practices for the team in accordance with client’s policies
- Conduct structured 1:1s with team members to review client priorities, projects and performance objectives and goals
- Act as the main point of contact to the client for all staffing related items, including but not limited to, participation in regularly scheduled account team meetings, receiving feedback on the staff’s performance and obtaining satisfaction scores
- Responsible for approving Timesheets, Expense Reports, and PTO requests
- Conduct annual performance reviews and performance improvement plans when necessary
- Interviews all recruiting candidates
- Involved in department annual goal setting
- Work flexible hours to support a global account / team (this will include other work outside the standard workday/workweek)
- Other duties as assigned
- 8-10 years overall corporate work experience
- 3-5 years people management experience
- 3-5 years meetings industry experience, particularly in the financial services industry preferred
- Cvent Event Management Certification required. Cvent Event Management Advanced Certification preferred.
- Demonstrates strong leadership and people management skills
- Excels at establishing and maintaining relationships, especially across cultures
- Enthusiastic and engaged leader with the ability to inspire others
- Excellent interpersonal skills; must be a strong communicator at all levels, including executives
- Demonstrates skill, knowledge and understanding of company, products, and process
- Proven success at challenging team members to innovate and improve continuously
- Demonstrates ability to manage quality and productivity through continuous improvement and variation management
- Demonstrates initiative, personal excellence, and integrity
- Ability to track key performance metrics and implement solutions to meet customer needs
- Understands the use of web-based applications and database concepts (for reporting purposes)
- Strong sense of accountability; resourcefulness in identifying a problem or process improvement and following through to implement
- Proven analytical skills with consistent high attention to detail; accuracy in spelling and grammar
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products (PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Ability to work as part of a team in a demanding environment
- Proven ability to operate in a fast-paced corporate organization
- University Degree or equivalent corporate experience
- Experience using Salesforce.com, web conferencing software, HTML and CSS are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 10%
At Cvent we celebrate, support and are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status or any other legally protected characteristics.
Cvent maintains a drug-free workplace.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Get best practices, tips & news on the #events & #hospitality industry.