This job is no longer accepting applications.
Backer makes it easy for parents to invest tax-free for education with robust financial support from family and friends. We've helped our families save $20 million so far (up 4x since last year) with over a third of the money coming from grandparents, aunts/uncles, and friends of the family. We’re building a new category of fintech called collaborative finance and have begun with the world’s first social college fund.
We’re seeking a frontend engineer with experience in mobile applications to join our 10-person team. A strong candidate is passionate about crafting beautiful web pages and delightful mobile and desktop experiences. The primary focus will be to implement new user interfaces and features together with automated unit and integration tests, as well as building marketing and landing pages.
You must love solving problems and have the ability to work independently and in harmony with a small but growing team. Your knowledge and expertise on application architecture and the latest mobile technologies will be a valuable asset for the team. The code you write will need to be cleanly organized and of the highest quality.
What you’ll get to do:
- Develop new features and user interfaces based on wireframes and hi-fi designs
- Write unit and functional automated tests
- Ensure strong application performance and high usability
- Write clean and readable code
- Collaborate with designers to build elegant and responsive user interfaces
- Cooperate closely with designers, product managers, and other teams
- As an early employee, your technical expertise will have a very strong impact on our product and users
What you’ll bring to Backer
- 4+ years of real-world engineering experience building web applications and websites
- Extensive knowledge of building responsive and scalable web applications
- Proficiency in building React applications and using GraphQL APIs
- Experience with profiling and debugging frontend applications
- An ability to creatively troubleshoot and maintain an increasingly complex application
- Experience in building mobile apps would be a big plus
- Strong interest in learning and applying new approaches and technology
When applying, please share your GitHub profile or a sampling of recent code.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your child's future starts today.