Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Backer makes it easy for parents to invest tax-free for education with robust financial support from family and friends. We've helped our families save $20 million so far (up 4x since last year) with over a third of the money coming from grandparents, aunts/uncles, and friends of the family. We’re building a new category of fintech called collaborative finance and have begun with the world’s first social college fund.
As our first design leader, you will partner with other company leadership to push our product forward and accelerate our growth. You will design category-defining product experiences that touch iOS, Android, and web, make fundamental contributions to our product development processes and strategy, and help build a world-class product team.
- Strategically evolve our product. Adopt a user-centered approach to design and have a major impact on the direction of our product. You will generate your own ideas and drive collaborative processes to elicit ideas from the broader team and our users.
- Design features that ship. Move fast and own the end-to-end design process, from idea curation, to initial concept, to shipping, and optimization. You love to ship and can make the hard trade-offs necessary to get products in users’ hands, while exhibiting exceptional craft every step along the way.
- Help build the business. Work with the rest of the company to build roadmaps, goals, and KPIs focused on driving solutions to our most important problems.
- Flourish in a startup environment. You enjoy fast-paced work and are comfortable changing direction based on new findings and data. You strive to turn projects around quickly to move metrics.
- Strong attention to detail. You push your work until it’s pixel perfect and think through all use cases, including edge cases.
- Balance simultaneous projects. You have the ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize the highest-impact work to avoid engineering roadblocks.
- Great teammate and thought leader. Have the ability to explain your work, process, and decisions to all stakeholders and incorporate feedback as you iterate. You aren’t afraid to speak up and engage in the conversation at any level of the organization.
- Full-stack designer. You are fluent in modern tools like Figma and can zoom in and out from system-level UX considerations to individual interactions. You understand how to design for a framework like React and can get your hands dirty in CSS if needed. Ability to prototype with code is not required, but is a plus.
When applying, please share a sampling of recent work.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Your child's future starts today.