Senior Software Developer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Briza is building the interface to commercial insurance, for developers. We’re making it easy for developers to embed insurance experiences into their platforms. By writing once to the Briza API, developers can access the many products and carriers required to create great customer experiences for small commercial insurance. Briza allows developers to connect directly into core underwriting systems to retrieve quotes, bind business, collect payment and issue and service policies, instantly.
Briza is a Series-A funded venture, based in Toronto Canada, with a talented team that is growing quickly! We’re looking to continue to add great people to our team who aren’t afraid to tackle impactful and challenging projects that is going to change how businesses obtain commercial insurance.
- Design, build, and maintain an API platform, services, and systems with fellow product designers and developers
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Improve our engineering standards, tooling, and processes
You may be fit for this role if:
- You bring strong experience in software development, with a passion for building great software products
- You have experience in building widely-consumed REST-based API platforms using Node.js/Typescript, or similar programming languages
- You thrive in an environment where it is encouraged to communicate your ideas in software design and architecture discussions
- You look at opportunities to level up the people around you: you aren’t afraid to provide constructive feedback, and also actively seek it out yourself to help drive your own growth
- You look at the big picture, understanding how all parts of a system work together
- Experience in writing automated tests (unit, integration) and strive to always do so
- You thrive best in a diverse and inclusive environment, where everyone’s opinion and voice is valued
Our technology stack:
- UI: Vue.js
- API: Node.js + TypeScript, PostgreSQL, Redis
- Cloud infrastructure: AWS (Fargate, RDS, ElasticCache) through Terraform.
- CI: Github Actions
- CD: AWS CodeBuild & Codepipeline
- Read more about our stack: https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/brizas-technology-stack-rishi-sharma/
Briza is hard at work creating the most elegant and easy to use infrastructure for connecting insurance carriers with brokers for small business customers - think 'Stripe' but for the insurance industry. We’re creating the first transaction processing rail that enables brokers to offer real time, online, commercial insurance quotes and contracts to small businesses. What we’ve all seen happen to restaurant booking, travel booking, and auto insurance, is now finally coming to the more complex world of commercial insurance. This is the natural evolution of the insurance business into a digitally enabled world. What used to take days over the phone, email and fax, will now happen in minutes.
At Briza, we are committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive work environment. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Small Business Insurance made Delightful.