This job is no longer accepting applications.
Clearco is a company built by founders for founders, and we're laser-focused on our mission to help entrepreneurs succeed. Reporting to the Controller, the Assistant Controller will be responsible for financial operations including closing cycles, GL management (Sage Intacct) internal controls, reconciliations, reporting and audit management.This is an exciting opportunity to make a significant impact in a rapidly growing technology company backed by top-tier investors!
Application Deadline: May 14, 2021
Please be advised someone from the recruitment team will be in touch shortly after the application deadline.
What your day-to-day will look like:
- Overseeing all reporting processes including reviewing journal entries, account reconciliations, and preparing financial statements
- Building out Clearco’s financial infrastructure to increase automation and reduce risk of errors - you will be involved in the implementation and integrations of new systems, improve checks and balances, and enhance controls
- Supporting the VP of Finance and the Controller in preparing for any future fundraising processes, M&A activities, due diligence, and the company’s financial strategic initiatives
- Developing and documenting financial processes and controls that align with Clearco’s growth
- Ensuring financial records are maintained and in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Assisting with year-end financial statement audits with external auditors
- Providing leadership and mentorship to other members of the Finance team
You will thrive if you:
- Have a CPA designation with 6-7 years of full-cycle accounting experience at a financial services, technology, or fintech company
- Are knowledgeable about US GAAP and SOX requirements (experience with securitization accounting is a strong asset)
- Have previous experience working with Sage Intacct
- Love to stay up-to-date on new accounting standards
- Are highly resourceful and motivated - you demonstrate the ability to execute on challenging tasks and can take the lead on projects from start to finish
- Have the ability to prioritize and meet multiple deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Possess strong organizational skills
- Are detail-oriented and meticulous - you take pride in knowing the details and are obsessed with accuracy
- Are able to communicate effectively to both internal and external stakeholders
- Possess excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Can deliver results independently and while working with a team
- Are excited about the opportunity to work in a fast-moving and growing company
- Have previous experience with SQL (considered an asset)
Clearco is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate our inclusive work environment and welcome members of all backgrounds and perspectives to apply. At Clearco, we’re committed to developing and upholding an inclusive, transparent, and comfortable environment for all. We create a space where every voice, perspective, and idea is heard and acknowledged. We embrace differences, and know that our diverse team is our strength and what drives our innovation.
Clearco is committed to developing a barrier-free recruitment process and work environment. If you require any accommodation, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Reimagine the way you build your business.