Director of Communications, Seeq Corporation
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Seeq is searching for a Director of Communications to own message development and content development. This includes internal communications such as investor updates and customer newsletters, external relationships directly and through PR agencies with industrial and business press, and analyst relationships targeting IT (Gartner, IDC, Forrester...), OT (ARC, LNS, ABI...), and vertical (IHS, Lux) markets. This role will be hands both hands on - direct participation in podcasts, webinars, and blogs – and indirect by working with Seeq partners in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP) and partners around the world including Asia (Japan, Korea), India, EMEA and the Americas. The Communications Director reports to the Seeq VP/CMO and work closely with the Director of Marketing to propose, create, and edit content for distribution, develop key influencer relationships, and adhere to Seeq brand guidelines in all efforts.
Key skills for success include a passion for relationship building, writing and presentation skills, and personal accountability for follow through and execution. Seeq is an advanced analytics software application for process manufacturing customers so candidates should bring a technical fluency to the role in at least one of the following areas: machine learning/analytics, process manufacturing industries, or cloud computing. The role requires extensive writing and presentation skills so a portfolio of articles, press releases, newsletters or similar content is required.
Seeq is a rapidly growing, virtual (work anywhere!) company that creates advanced analytics software for process manufacturing customers including oil & gas, chemical, renewables, pharmaceuticals, water utilities, power generation, food & beverage and many others.
- Work closely with the VP/CMO to tell the company’s story and act as counsel to the Senior Leadership Team on media relations thought leadership.
- Expert communicator: ideating, writing, and editing.
- Ability to develop strong reporter and analyst relationships.
- Manage agency relationships in order to drive maximum impact.
- Execution on internal communications best practices and cadences. Experience working in partnership with an HR/People team on company communications and coordination.
- Confidence in a newly created role, this is Seeq’s first dedicated Communications role.
- Own press, vetting and responding to inbound requests in a timely manner.
- Written thought leadership, speaking engagements for self and executives.
- Success in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment, having worked on projects that sometimes required a rapid-response approach.
Qualifications and Requirements:
Seeq prefers to emphasize talent, capacity to contribute, and passion for the problem solution over specific experience or background requirements. The ideal candidate is likely to have most or many of the following characteristics:
- You have 7+ years of marketing, communications or media relations experience.
- You have a 4-year college degree, preferably in marketing, business, or related field.
- You have exceptional communication skills: written, interpersonal and public speaking.
- You have experience managing PR agency (or analyst) relationships.
- You excel at building and maintaining strong internal and external relationships.
- You have experience and enthusiasm for working with worldwide scope and context.
- You have one of the following:
- You have experience with cloud, manufacturing, or machine learning.
- You have experience with industrial/manufacturing customers.
- You have experience in a software as a service (SaaS) company.
- You are excited to work in a virtual, dynamic and fast-paced environment with partners and colleagues.
- You are highly motivated and organized with strong attention to detail and project management skills.
- You are up for traveling periodically.
ABOUT SEEQ CORPORATION
We are organized as a virtual company with headquarters in Seattle, WA. We use state-of-the-art online collaboration tools for development and corporate functions. Employees can be based virtually anywhere as long as they have access to a good office environment, high-bandwidth connectivity. In terms of travel, there are multi-day team linkups several times a year and infrequent visits to customer sites.
The best applicants are ones who include cover letters explaining how their backgrounds, experiences, and interests match into Seeq's position description. We receive hundreds of applicants for this role, so please help us identify how you can exceptionally contribute to our mission and our future success. The role's level will be determined by the candidate's qualification and experience.
There are many benefits to working on exciting technology with a cohesive team and the flexibility to work from anywhere. A few benefits Seeq offers:
The Perks of Working at Seeq
- Competitive salary plus equity incentives
- Medical benefits, plus optional Flexible Spending Account and Health Savings Account programs to cover additional medical expenses.
- Important benefits like this (because we want you to be happy):
- Freedom PTO
- 5 weeks paid Seeq family leave
- Internet and mobile phone reimbursement
- Group term life insurance
- Short-term and long-term disability insurance pre-tax benefit
- Voluntary vision and dental (ortho)
- 401K company match program
- Vacation bonus program
- Fringe Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Generous home office allowance
- The best co-workers (we've analyzed the data, so we know it's true)
- Pet-friendly workspace (your dog will be so happy to have you home)
- Loving your job!
- Seeq provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Seeq’s vision is to address this requirement by closing the gap between advancements in data and computer science - big data and machine learning as e...