Senior Product Designer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
As a key member of the Tulip Retail product design team, you will be responsible for driving the user experience and look and feel of Tulip Retail products. You will channel your passion and motivation to design mobile and web applications that make people fall in love with us. Your work will be showcased and used by some of the world’s top retailers such as Chanel and Saks Fifth Avenue. Additionally, through our partnership with Apple, you will get opportunities to collaborate with the Apple design team.
As a Senior Product Designer on the team, you will advocate deep empathy for the user and will lead design sprint and user research. You have passion for solving core user problems while owning all facets of design from user research, strategy, interaction design to final UI execution. You will own the UX design of a set of strategic clients/products to transform retailer’s workforce!
This is a remote opportunity - however, we are looking for someone who has work authorization in Canada.
What you will do:
- Do primary user research when needed to validate use cases and user needs
- Develop and iterative on user flows, wireframe, and high-fidelity mockups using tools like Figma, and Sketch
- Collaborate with product managers to validate user needs, pain points and business goals
- Propose best UX solutions and designs that align with product strategy
- Showcase design solutions to stakeholders for buy-in and feedback
- Oversee implementation of the designs by working closely with the development team
What you bring:
- 4+ years of hands-on product design experience
- Degree in Graphic Design, Visual Design, UX Design, Human-Computer interaction, User Research or a related field.
- Proven experience in designing iOS and web applications
- Proven experience in running design sprint, user research and usability testing
- Proven experience in developing and maintaining design system
- Respectfully challenging technical and design solutions, when there's a better way
- Ability to be versatile and take both leading and supporting roles with in the team
- Extremely detail and process oriented
- Ability to write and present eloquently and communicate clearly
- Proficient in Figma, Zeplin, Sketch and InVision
- Experience in retail (understand store associate tasks, work workflows and how it links to business performance)
- Knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Experience in UI animation and interaction design
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a mobile retail platform built to power the connected store.