Customer Success Engineer
This job is no longer accepting applications.
It's our time to scale. It's your time to be part of something big.
Tulip's mission is bold. We're a team of experts who have worked with and for retailers over the past 20 years. We are driven to disrupt an entire industry and enable one of the world's largest job markets.
Tulip has built a retail mobile software platform that empowers leading retailers such as Mulberry, Chanel, Saks Fifth Avenue, Kate Spade, Coach, and Michael Kors to give mobile devices to their store associates so they can elevate service, sell more and provide a personalized experience.
Tulip is a place you come to make an impact, working with like-minded people to build something meaningful using the best technology. We are growing, and while lean is great, we need more people, energy, innovation and talent.
Right now, we are adding a Customer Success Engineer to the team. In this role, you will leverage customer-facing experiences and be responsible for building and automating Timekit support which includes triaging, execution, and resolution of severity 1-4 tickets and incidents. You will research and implement solutions to prevent or mitigate customer issues through a combination of proactive support and monitoring. You will partner with our Engineering team and other cross-functional teams to provide the highest level of support and subject matter expertise to some of our largest and most strategic accounts. This is a suitable career opportunity for a highly motivated, customer-centric, self-directed individual who is interested in learning and supporting a cutting-edge API first, true SaaS platform.
What is Timekit?
Tulip’s most recent acquisition. Timekit powers businesses of tomorrow with advanced scheduling. It's simple to start and offers never-ending customizability via a web app and REST API.
What you will do:
Customer Support - Timekit Product Expert
- Manage incoming external and internal stakeholder requests via Intercom
- Solve complex challenges - use your research and superior communication skills to provide clear and accurate resolution paths on incoming tickets in accordance with SLA’s
- Make an impact, build relationships & provide meaningful solutions to stakeholders
- Recreate and replicate technical challenges with a mission to drive product change via configuration management, fixes, and deployments to client production and testing environments
- Debug software defects escalated through the field and provide solution to customer
- Be part of an exciting customer success engineering team that thrives on meeting and exceeding expectations
Building Scalable Support Infrastructure
- Automate repetitive processes and work on enhancing self-serve features to reduce the time to resolve and increase efficiency (leveraging Intercom’s bot capabilities)
- Contribute to the creation and enhancement of an application support specific customer knowledge base and document repository to be used for managing the technical specifics/requirements of each client
- Understand and translate complex product and technical concepts to non-technical audiences
- Proactively prevent issues that could have a negative impact on our customers via implementation and maintenance of alerting and monitoring tools - assisting in software deployment activities
- Community Creation
- Content creation for Timekit’s blog, establishing the voice of Timekit
- Manage multiple priorities and own your work from end to end
- This role has a rotating on-call component that requires some work outside of normal business hours
What you bring:
- Self-starter mindset, excited about building world-class support
- Strives to build an understanding of systems by breaking, playing, and coming up with innovative solutions
- Experience in handling and scaling support for a true SaaS company (API first is a bonus)
- Knowledge of APIs and ability to interact with APIs using either curl, PHP, Postman, etc.
- Technical writing/documentation experience
- Exceptional customer communication skills
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
- 3+ years of experience in an Application Support Engineering role
- 2+ years of experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
- Practical experience and a deep understanding of ITIL incident management, problem, and change management
- Experience managing multiple testing environments (Staging, Production) and related contentions
- Experience with release management principles and methodology
- 1+ year of experience working with various APM (Application Performance Monitoring) and monitoring platforms (i.e. DataDog, New Relic, Dynatrace)
- 1+ year of experience working with Zendesk or similar (Jira Service Desk, Intercom, etc.) and various plug-ins/automated workflows for ticket and incident management
- Curious and independently minded with a proven ability to thrive in a self-motivated fast-paced, ambiguous, and rapidly changing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Experience creating and maintaining customer specific playbooks, SOPs (standard operating procedures) and operating manuals
- You possess the foresight to anticipate and address potential issues before they become issues
- It’s a bonus if you have retail SaaS experience, automation experience, DevOps or CI/CD experience, experience working in an Agile environment, and experience working with Cloud Platforms (AWS, GCP)
Tulip has perks, career progress, and an intimate culture. We have:
- An excellent healthcare plan with no wait time, paid parental leave, and corporate gym rates.
- A culture of openness and idea generation. We have weekly all-hands and quarterly town halls. We pride ourselves on our transparency and keeping it real. From the most senior to the newest team member, we give you access to decision makers and career building work.
- The opportunity to grow and apply new skills be it hands-on or leadership. We prioritize diversity, inclusion, and building a community. We're a little weird but in a good way.
Why we are awesome.
Tulip is hungry and humble. When you join Tulip, you'll be part of a strong, thriving, diverse group of people who come from different disciplines, countries, and experiences. We do what we love and it shows in our unrelenting pursuit of affecting real change. We believe in investing in our people, building positive relationships with our customers, and treating our work like our craft.
Tulip is at the cutting edge of technology. We work with big-name retailers. It's a chance to step up to solving complex technical problems and develop a deeper understanding of the retail world while being part of a niche startup style company. We don't fear failure; we embrace challenges. We're excited about taking the lesser known paths, using the open source tools and keeping up with the pace of evolving tech solutions. It's fun, it's fast, and it's future-focused.
Tulip gives back. Inspired, passionate, and committed people helped make us the successful company we are today. We challenge norms and put people before profits. Our CEO, Ali Asaria, created The Tulip Foundation, a charity controlled by all of us, the employees. We believe we can build a great company that changes the technical space while simultaneously giving back to society and the community.
Feel like you can't tick all the boxes? If you have some of the skills and experience that we're looking for and are willing to use your talent to learn the rest, we encourage you to apply.
Tulip Retail is strongly committed to equal opportunities in employment. We welcome applications from all minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of Tulip Retail.
Tulip Retail welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available by request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We are a mobile retail platform built to power the connected store.